Brisk early turnout in Derry
DERRY - By late morning, there was a steady stream of voters in Derry, but polls were not as busy as in the early morning hours.
State Rep. Brian Chirichiello was out in front of the polling location at the Gilbert H. Hood Middle School, where he said he had definitely seen a slowdown in voters by later in the morning. There were short lines to receive ballots, but they were moving quickly.
Robin Skudlarek and Larry Furano, site location coordinators for the Obama for New Hampshire office on Rockingham Road, both said they had to wait in line for between 20 and 30 minutes when going to vote when the polls first opened this morning.
At Pinkerton Academy, where two of Derry's four districts were voting, lines were more consistent throughout the morning.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Officials disallow Woodmont slide show - 0
- Officials question Nashua parking proposal - 0
- House bill lowers emissions cap to meet RGGI standards - 0
- Trial delayed for Epping man charged with shooting romantic rival - 0
- Nashua aviation company looks for danger on ground - 0
- Vietnam Veterans Memorial replica wall on display - 0
- NFL-sponsored health program honors Milford High School staff - 0
- John Stossel: Sublet my people go - 0
- Search continues for gadabout steer in Epping - 0
License revocations for DWI announced