Home » News » Politics » Primary 2014 Blog
130 of Albany's 483 voters had cast ballots by 11 a.m.
ALBANY - By 11 a.m. the Albany ballot clerks had checked off 130 names on the checklist of 483.
"It's going to be a good day," ballot clerk Karen Menard said, noting, "It was quite a turnout at 8 this morning."
June Johnson, a supervisor of the checklist, said, "We've had quite a few new voters compared to what we usually get." A quick count showed 12 had signed up that morning.
At times all four voting booths were occupied, and residents had to wait a minute or two. Town clerk Kathy Vizard said 41 residents voted by absentee ballot.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Marchand scores 2, B’s win - 0
- Milan man has plan for former Groveton mills - 0
- (No heading) - 0
- Flatley Challenge seeks early-stage companies - 0
- GT Advanced, Apple try to keep lid on COO’s comments - 0
- Suspected cop-killer Eric Frein taken into custody - 0
- Ex-Nashua deputy police chief sues city and outgoing police chief - 0
- Shaheen, Brown supporters gather at final debate - 2
- Senate candidates sharply divided on Islamic threat, Ebola, Obamacare - 21
Trump fired up over NH mailer