130 of Albany's 483 voters had cast ballots by 11 a.m.
ALBANY - By 11 a.m. the Albany ballot clerks had checked off 130 names on the checklist of 483.
"It's going to be a good day," ballot clerk Karen Menard said, noting, "It was quite a turnout at 8 this morning."
June Johnson, a supervisor of the checklist, said, "We've had quite a few new voters compared to what we usually get." A quick count showed 12 had signed up that morning.
At times all four voting booths were occupied, and residents had to wait a minute or two. Town clerk Kathy Vizard said 41 residents voted by absentee ballot.
READER COMMENTS: 5
- House kills Hassan-backed casino bill, 199-164 - 13
- Threats at Goffstown High ‘not credible’ - 0
- House votes to ban lead sinkers and jigs an ounce or under - 7
- House passes auto dealers bill of rights - 2
- Rochester man facing up to 30 years in prison for brutal assault - 1
- Man who confronts burglar in Nashua gets bit - 0
- Police say Nashua man struck woman with Jeep - 0
- Pease chosen to receive new KC-46A refueling tanker; to bring 100 jobs - 9
- FBI agent kills Florida man during questioning about Marathon bombing suspect - 3
License revocations for DWI announced
Experts weigh in on UNH logo designs