130 of Albany's 483 voters had cast ballots by 11 a.m.
ALBANY - By 11 a.m. the Albany ballot clerks had checked off 130 names on the checklist of 483.
"It's going to be a good day," ballot clerk Karen Menard said, noting, "It was quite a turnout at 8 this morning."
June Johnson, a supervisor of the checklist, said, "We've had quite a few new voters compared to what we usually get." A quick count showed 12 had signed up that morning.
At times all four voting booths were occupied, and residents had to wait a minute or two. Town clerk Kathy Vizard said 41 residents voted by absentee ballot.
READER COMMENTS: 1
- White Mountains school board expands preschool - 0
- Milford team wins seatbelt challenge - 0
- Activist resident launches alternative UNH logo search - 0
- Loeb School offers workshop on producing newsletters - 0
- Threats at Goffstown High ‘not credible’ - 0
- Pushback against logo plan for UNH heats up - 1
- Nashua elementary teacher honored for real-world lessons - 1
- Elementary students in Farmington offered seven habits of healthy kids - 0
- Afterschool activities canceled in Jaffrey - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Gambling bill scuttled, 'Now it is going to be really tough' for budget - 17
- NHIAA Roundup: BG girls’ tennis team sweeps Pinkerton - 0
- NHIAA box scores, summaries for May 22 - 0
- Officials say Goffstown High ‘safe’ after threat of violence - 1
- Manchester Community College graduates told ‘speak your minds’ - 0
- Portsmouth manhunt suspect turns himself in to police - 0
- Nurse said Exeter Hospital is making her a ‘scapegoat’ in hepatitis case - 0
- Derry council defends officials' purchases - 0
- Nashua librarian reports E-books flying off virtual shelves - 0
License revocations for DWI announced
Consider Nevada: Gambling always expands