130 of Albany's 483 voters had cast ballots by 11 a.m.
ALBANY - By 11 a.m. the Albany ballot clerks had checked off 130 names on the checklist of 483.
"It's going to be a good day," ballot clerk Karen Menard said, noting, "It was quite a turnout at 8 this morning."
June Johnson, a supervisor of the checklist, said, "We've had quite a few new voters compared to what we usually get." A quick count showed 12 had signed up that morning.
At times all four voting booths were occupied, and residents had to wait a minute or two. Town clerk Kathy Vizard said 41 residents voted by absentee ballot.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- 132-mph street racers blow by trooper in Nashua, one of two arrested; motorcyclist arrested on I-93 doing 107 mph - 0
- Mazzaglia to be sentenced Aug. 14 for murder of UNH student - 0
- Lost Massachusetts hikers found safe in NH - 0
- GOP criticizes Shaheen flip flop on gas tax - 5
- No one has a clear claim to NHMS supremacy - 0
- Sentence fragment: Coco's cuckoo release - 0
- Charles Arlinghaus: Does Concord have a big spending problem? - 1
- Ban fireworks? Get serious - 5
- Another View - Kevin Smith: Londonderry is showing how to make NH business-friendly - 0
Police say Manchester woman arrested for punching ex-boyfriend during custody exchange in Walmart parking lot
Bikers say under-30 generation isn't interested, and can't afford many of the top motorcycles
Praising freedom: While curtailing it
Ban fireworks? Get serious
GOP criticizes Shaheen flip flop on gas tax