Home » News » Politics » Election 2014 Blog
It's looking like a record turnout in Pelham
Senate candidate Victoria Czaia held up a sign outside Pelham High School early Tuesday morning. (APRIL GUILMET)
PELHAM - Voters lined the corridors of Pelham High School Tuesday morning for what's looking to be a record voter turnout.
“There were lines out the door before we opened,” Town Clerk Dorothy Marsden said. “It's been busy.”
Shortly after 8:40 a.m., more than a thousand residents had already voted, according to town moderator Philip Currier.
Currier, who has worked the polls for quite a few years, declined to say just how long he's been in town.
“You don't want to know,” he said with a chuckle. “But I might have met Lincoln once.”
Things have been running smoothly at the polls thus far, Currier said. “Folks have been pretty cooperative,” he added.
READER COMMENTS: 3
- AG inspector assaulted while monitoring polls in Newmarket - 1
- Meredith turnout near 50 percent - 0
- Turnout could top 50 percent in Chester; no incidents reported - 0
- Warren voters go to the polls - 0
- Bedford expected to exceed state average for voter turnout - 0
- Steady turnout in Plaistow for election - 0
- Student voting down at the polls in Plymouth - 0
- Busy voting in Merrimack - 0
- Voter turnout steady in Derry - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Manchester man facing two aggravated felonious sexual assault charges - 0
- State police OK to search cell phone to locate suspect who bit trooper - 0
- Ferguson: Eyewitness testimony underscores challenge grand jury faced - 0
- Mass. man charged with kidnapping - 0
- Driver charged after man falls off car’s hood - 1
- Winning tickets sold in Laconia, Bethlehem, Littleton - 0
- Keene man killed in work accident in Troy Monday - 0
- Sale of Fuller Oil approved, assuring delivery to pre-buy customers - 0
- UPDATED: Teen driver dies after being pulled from icy waters in Londonderry - 6
Pipes and plans: A chance to show up Mass.
Tough task for NH budget writers
Clinton has 'historic' lead in poll
Teacher 'thrilled' at being reinstated
Your Turn, NH -- Mike Moffett: Republicans can win in 2016 with Kasich at the top of the ticket
On being American: A point for reflection