Home » News » Public Safety
Milford man killed by falling tree
MILFORD - A man suffered traumatic injuries while working on a tree near his home at 7 Ball Hill Road and was dead when emergency responders arrived on scene, according to Police Chief Michael Viola.
Viola said he couldn't release many details about the accident, including the victim's name, because he was awaiting the arrival of the state medical examiner and the conclusion of the investigation into the accident by detectives.
The accident appears to have occurred sometime before 2:30 p.m. Tuesday. Viola said someone found the fatally injured man and called for help.
Viola said that more information is expected to be released later Tuesday.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Durham fire chief considered for similar post in Natick, Mass. - 0
- Wood-drying kiln heavily damaged by fire - 0
- FinnaRageTV uses Keene for promotion - 0
- After Keene riot, PSU campus on alert as party plan is spread by social media - 1
- 2-alarm Manchester fire displaces 10 - 0
- Missing Mason man found dead - 0
- Nashua police chief to retire - 0
- Pinkerton student taken to hospital after being hit by car - 1
- Heroin overdoses claim two in Laconia - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Mazzaglia pleads guilty to devising escape plan - 0
- Parking lot for new Hudson football field due to be paved - 0
- ACLU files federal suit to stop NH's 'ballot selfie' publishing law - 0
- Manchester pair arrested for fighting in Merrimack parking lot - 0
- Nashua man who was shot by officer sentenced to 5-10 years - 0
- Election Day hotline established to report suspected voter fraud, abuse - 2
- Nashua man charged in child sexual assault - 0
- Two accused of trafficking women in Hampton, Hooksett and Manchester - 2
- 'Fugitive of Week' captured in Hooksett - 0
Manchester pub crawl leads to arrest of four
School's out for voters