Wolfeboro safety staff collecting for hurricane victims
WOLFEBORO -- The town's police and fire department personnel are accepting donations of warm winter clothing and canned goods for victims of Hurricane Sandy in New York City.
The public is invited to clean out their closets and pantries and bring warm winter clothing and non-perishable foods to the public safety building as soon as possible. The staff will accept donations until 5 p.m. on Thursday, Nov. 8.
The owners and family of Beacon Worldwide Holdings LLC, a New Hampshire based company, will provide a truck to take the goods to New York City. The truck will pick up donations on Thursday and transport them to church and fire departments in the New York area. Donations of clean clothing will be greatly appreciated. At this time, the staff is not requesting cash donations.
For more information, contact Sherri Moore at Wolfeboro Fire/Rescue Department at 569-1400.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Wild weather strikes Granite State - 0
- Perfect weather predicted for weekend events - 0
- NH braces for a soaker, flash floods as Arthur moves up coast - 0
- Concord postpones fireworks to Saturday - 0
- LIghtning strike sends Epping house up in flames - 0
- Weather warnings push fireworks to Saturday in Rochester - 0
- Threat of thunderstorms pushes Dover fireworks to Sunday - 0
- Weather could lead to fireworks postponement in Salem - 0
- Some damage, no injuries when more than 7 inches of rain falls on Lost River area - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Another View -- Gilles Bissonnette: To keep Libertarians off the ballot, NH violates their rights - 0
- Insanity: Obamacare and the rule of law - 0
- Charles Arlinghaus: NH's counterweight to a strong central government - 0
- Tom Woodlock All-Stars primed for success in Babe Ruth tournament - 0
- Manchester waives right to buy Millyard building - 0
- Police search for missing Stratford woman - 0
- Blue Jays cool off Red Sox - 0
- Passers-by, including two active-duty Army soldiers, help rescue mom, daughter in I-93 rollover - 0
- Manchester panel OKs new academic standards, despite Common Core criticism - 0
Passers-by, including two active-duty Army soldiers, help rescue mom, daughter in I-93 rollover
U.S. appeals courts issue conflicting rulings on Obamacare exchange subsidies such as NH's