Wolfeboro safety staff collecting for hurricane victims
WOLFEBORO -- The town's police and fire department personnel are accepting donations of warm winter clothing and canned goods for victims of Hurricane Sandy in New York City.
The public is invited to clean out their closets and pantries and bring warm winter clothing and non-perishable foods to the public safety building as soon as possible. The staff will accept donations until 5 p.m. on Thursday, Nov. 8.
The owners and family of Beacon Worldwide Holdings LLC, a New Hampshire based company, will provide a truck to take the goods to New York City. The truck will pick up donations on Thursday and transport them to church and fire departments in the New York area. Donations of clean clothing will be greatly appreciated. At this time, the staff is not requesting cash donations.
For more information, contact Sherri Moore at Wolfeboro Fire/Rescue Department at 569-1400.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- UPDATED: Flood warning issued for southern NH; leaks force visitation to be cancelled at Goffstown women's prison - 2
- Summit of Mount Washington white with rime ice, snow to follow soon - 0
- Storms in Meredith cause outages - 0
- USGS reports minor earthquake just outside of Concord - 0
- Quake strikes northeast of Tokyo, no reports of serious damage - 0
- Hollis storm damage caused by microburst, not tornado - 0
- 6.0 earthquake strikes California wine country - 0
- Heavy rain saturates NH in a matter of two hours - 1
- Flash flood warning issued for Southern New Hampshire - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Kuster's abortion lies: Claims against Garcia are untrue - 0
- Brown, Shaheen run hardest where support is deepest - 0
- Drew Cline: GOP missed opportunities could mean trouble on Tuesday - 0
- MVP Bumgarner rides to the rescue for Giants' third World Series win in five years - 0
- College Football: Big Green ready for tussle with Harvard - 0
- Report: Cubs will hire Joe Maddon as manager - 0
- Pastoral Counseling Services honors Good Samaritans - 0
- Peterborough church plan advances after land buy - 0
- Stocks down a little after Fed move - 0
The Obamaconomy: Shea-Porter shows its flaw