Babson, Sorenson win Carroll County commission seats
OSSIPEE — Carroll County Commission incumbent David Sorenson, R-Eaton, was reelected to the commission's District 1 seat during the general election after defeating Democratic challenger Erik Corbett of Bartlett.
The vote tally from the county's 19 towns was 14,449 to 10,604.
Sorenson will serve a four-year term. District 1 covers Bartlett, Chatham, Conway, Eaton, Freedom Hart's Location and Jackson. Sorensen served as commissioner for 12 years and this was Corbett's first run for county commissioner.
Commission incumbent Dorothy Solomon, however, did not fare as well: Challanger David Babson Jr., R-Ossipee, earned more votes in the District 2 county commissioner race.
Babson earned 13,647 votes to Solomon's 11,671.
District 2 covers Albany, Hale's Location, Madison, Moultonborough, Ossipee, Sandwich, and Tamworth. This seat carries a two-year term.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- On Baseball: Locke pitches game in minor league rehab - 0
- NH College Notebook: Franklin Pierce's King named to 18U coaching staff - 0
- Another View - Ahad Fazelat: How Medicare reimbursement numbers are misleading - 0
- 'He is risen': 'As he said' - 0
- A cellphone ban: Ignoring inconvenient data - 0
- City budget talk: How about solutions instead? - 0
- Dave D'Onofrio's Sox Beat: Defense has let Sox down so far - 0
- Developers think Guard site would have big potential - 0
- Charles Krauthammer: The zealots win again - 0
Man electrocuted at Keene brush fire