Babson, Sorenson win Carroll County commission seats
OSSIPEE — Carroll County Commission incumbent David Sorenson, R-Eaton, was reelected to the commission's District 1 seat during the general election after defeating Democratic challenger Erik Corbett of Bartlett.
The vote tally from the county's 19 towns was 14,449 to 10,604.
Sorenson will serve a four-year term. District 1 covers Bartlett, Chatham, Conway, Eaton, Freedom Hart's Location and Jackson. Sorensen served as commissioner for 12 years and this was Corbett's first run for county commissioner.
Commission incumbent Dorothy Solomon, however, did not fare as well: Challanger David Babson Jr., R-Ossipee, earned more votes in the District 2 county commissioner race.
Babson earned 13,647 votes to Solomon's 11,671.
District 2 covers Albany, Hale's Location, Madison, Moultonborough, Ossipee, Sandwich, and Tamworth. This seat carries a two-year term.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Excess school money may target crowded classes in Manchester - 0
- Nashua board members apologize for signingCommon Core letter - 0
- Sen. Shaheen participates in all-night climate change ‘talkathon’ - 0
- Ian Clark's On Hockey: Monarchs' Derek Forbort in the right place at the right time - 0
- Educators, advocates speak to new standards for use of force - 0
- Two Manchester health clinics working on merger plan - 0
- Manchester CrimeWatch: City woman connected to fatal crash in court again - 0
- Franklin’s newest police recruit, a German shepherd pup, can smell trouble - 0
- VFW still eyeing old Crown Hill fire station in Nashua for new home - 0
Allenstown rejects town and school budgets
Crowley elected in Northfield
John DiStaso's Granite Status: Shaheen among speakers at Senate Dems' climate change 'talkathon'