Babson, Sorenson win Carroll County commission seats
OSSIPEE — Carroll County Commission incumbent David Sorenson, R-Eaton, was reelected to the commission's District 1 seat during the general election after defeating Democratic challenger Erik Corbett of Bartlett.
The vote tally from the county's 19 towns was 14,449 to 10,604.
Sorenson will serve a four-year term. District 1 covers Bartlett, Chatham, Conway, Eaton, Freedom Hart's Location and Jackson. Sorensen served as commissioner for 12 years and this was Corbett's first run for county commissioner.
Commission incumbent Dorothy Solomon, however, did not fare as well: Challanger David Babson Jr., R-Ossipee, earned more votes in the District 2 county commissioner race.
Babson earned 13,647 votes to Solomon's 11,671.
District 2 covers Albany, Hale's Location, Madison, Moultonborough, Ossipee, Sandwich, and Tamworth. This seat carries a two-year term.
READER COMMENTS: 3
- George Will: Executive discretion to the extreme - 0
- Charles Arlinghaus: Being better than New Jersey isn't good enough - 1
- Kathy Sullivan: GOP outrage machine might have finally gone too far - 47
- Jonah Goldberg: Triumph of the vulgarians - 2
- Maureen Mann: Labeling genetically-modified foods would help New Hampshire consumers - 16
- David Harsanyi: Ninety-six percent of Americans are wrong about Congress - 4
- Patrick J. Buchanan: Will we go to war over Japanese islands? - 0
- Sean Kenneally: A once pure NH view is no more - 13
- Jonah Goldberg: Obamacare was sold on a few core lies - 10
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Jury deadlocked in Keene murder trial - 0
- Home Depot comes through in Derry with new decorations - 2
- Judicial, PUC appointments before Executive Council - 0
- Donald Trump to visit NH - 1
- Former Sen. Scott Brown confirms move from Mass to NH - 18
- Hollis school officials call police on Santa Claus - 0
- Rusty water in Manchester caused by water main break in Bedford - 0
- Forecasters eye possible weekend ice storm - 0
- Abigail's mother issues plea for Christmas return - 2
Snow could reschedule Super Bowl
1 dead following Route 101 crash in Milford
City man charged with endangering child