Home » News » Politics » Primary 2014 Blog
Babson, Sorenson win Carroll County commission seats
OSSIPEE — Carroll County Commission incumbent David Sorenson, R-Eaton, was reelected to the commission's District 1 seat during the general election after defeating Democratic challenger Erik Corbett of Bartlett.
The vote tally from the county's 19 towns was 14,449 to 10,604.
Sorenson will serve a four-year term. District 1 covers Bartlett, Chatham, Conway, Eaton, Freedom Hart's Location and Jackson. Sorensen served as commissioner for 12 years and this was Corbett's first run for county commissioner.
Commission incumbent Dorothy Solomon, however, did not fare as well: Challanger David Babson Jr., R-Ossipee, earned more votes in the District 2 county commissioner race.
Babson earned 13,647 votes to Solomon's 11,671.
District 2 covers Albany, Hale's Location, Madison, Moultonborough, Ossipee, Sandwich, and Tamworth. This seat carries a two-year term.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Another View -- Ben Rose: How NH's John Stark helped defeat the British at Saratoga - 0
- Son says shooting of mom during DEA raid was a mistake - 0
- Londonderry Rotary to host forum next week - 0
- Central High fair to feature admissions officers - 0
- Dalton man sentenced for assaulting inmate - 0
- Electric vehicle charging station at Pease - 0
- Seminar at SNHU offers tips for new businesses - 0
- Oracle's Ellison steps down as CEO - 0
- NFL: Hester sets return record as Falcons thrash Buccaneers, 56-14 - 0
Casino gambles: Hopes dashed all over
Mark Hayward's City Matters: Dean Kamen is a genius inventor, and he's pretty good at oratory, too