Babson, Sorenson win Carroll County commission seats
OSSIPEE — Carroll County Commission incumbent David Sorenson, R-Eaton, was reelected to the commission's District 1 seat during the general election after defeating Democratic challenger Erik Corbett of Bartlett.
The vote tally from the county's 19 towns was 14,449 to 10,604.
Sorenson will serve a four-year term. District 1 covers Bartlett, Chatham, Conway, Eaton, Freedom Hart's Location and Jackson. Sorensen served as commissioner for 12 years and this was Corbett's first run for county commissioner.
Commission incumbent Dorothy Solomon, however, did not fare as well: Challanger David Babson Jr., R-Ossipee, earned more votes in the District 2 county commissioner race.
Babson earned 13,647 votes to Solomon's 11,671.
District 2 covers Albany, Hale's Location, Madison, Moultonborough, Ossipee, Sandwich, and Tamworth. This seat carries a two-year term.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- George Will: The benefits of prudence - 0
- Jonah Goldberg: Paul and Cruz vie to become Reagan's heir - 0
- Thomas Sowell: Liberal education policies hurt minorities - 0
- Charles Arlinghaus: Yes, our paltry rainy day fund is a really big deal - 3
- Rep. Terie Norelli: New Hampshire workers deserve higher minimum wages - 2
- Les Bernal: Why don’t casino advocates and executives patronize casinos? - 5
- David Harsanyi: Do most Americans agree with Demsocrats? - 3
- Sam Cohen: ‘No compromise’ gun groups shoot themselves in the foot - 10
- Kathy Sullivan: Scott Brown’s prospects for a U.S. Senate win are poor - 18
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Sens. Shaheen, Ayotte slam latest push for online sales tax - 0
- Bedford girls basketball team spreads the scoring wealth - 0
- New Hampshire high school athletes on the run (and jumping) in NYC - 0
- Ian Clark's High School Hockey: Teams anxious to play - 0
- Manchester Mayor Gatsas: Vote tells me Hooksett is satisfied with Manchester schools - 0
- After Pinkerton rejection, what's next for Hooksett students? - 0
- Nashua aldermen approve pair of union contracts - 0
- Was a crime committed? Nashua police are not certain - 0
- Nashua must decide on parkway project's bridge aesthetics - 0
SCORE workshop offers social media tips
Minimum wages: Maximum spin
Hooksett votes down Pinkerton schools deal
Hooksett has five new school board members
A CIA bombshell: Feinstein and the Fourth