Gov.-elect Hassan visits Red Arrow
MANCHESTER — Gov.-elect Maggie Hassan returned Wednesday to the Red Arrow, the Manchester diner close to her campaign office and the spot where she greeted voters now twice after election victories -- in September after her primary win, and Wednesday after her defeat of Manchester native Ovide Lamontagne.
Hassan spoke to supporters and made the rounds inside the Lowell Street diner.
“I just think people wanted to move forward,” Hassan said about her victory. In Manchester, she won by a tally of 25,203 to 19,868, defeating Lamontagne in every ward, including his home Ward 7.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Somersworth man charged in three incidents - 0
- Manchester police chief a finalist for Somerville job - 0
- Outrageous waste: You overpaid by how much? - 3
- Another View -- Tiler Eaton: The Northern Pass project would help, not hurt, NH's economy - 1
- Allen Lessels on Motor Sports: Craven loves qualifying format - 0
- City summer: Check out Manchester - 0
- Revenge? Shea needs none - 0
- Bonner rock'n the hardware - 0
- On Baseball: G'days for Berti boosted his game - 0
Ignoring Lyme: What are state, towns doing?
Bikers say under-30 generation isn't interested, and can't afford many of the top motorcycles
Another View -- Tiler Eaton: The Northern Pass project would help, not hurt, NH's economy