Gov.-elect Hassan visits Red Arrow
MANCHESTER — Gov.-elect Maggie Hassan returned Wednesday to the Red Arrow, the Manchester diner close to her campaign office and the spot where she greeted voters now twice after election victories -- in September after her primary win, and Wednesday after her defeat of Manchester native Ovide Lamontagne.
Hassan spoke to supporters and made the rounds inside the Lowell Street diner.
“I just think people wanted to move forward,” Hassan said about her victory. In Manchester, she won by a tally of 25,203 to 19,868, defeating Lamontagne in every ward, including his home Ward 7.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Gambling bill scuttled, 'Now it is going to be really tough' for budget - 2
- NHIAA Roundup: BG girls’ tennis team sweeps Pinkerton - 0
- NHIAA box scores, summaries for May 22 - 0
- Officials say Goffstown High ‘safe’ after threat of violence - 0
- Manchester Community College graduates told ‘speak your minds’ - 0
- Portsmouth manhunt suspect turns himself in to police - 0
- Nurse said Exeter Hospital is making her a ‘scapegoat’ in hepatitis case - 0
- Derry council defends officials' purchases - 0
- Nashua librarian reports E-books flying off virtual shelves - 0
Memorial Day events in New Hampshire
Milford team wins seatbelt challenge
Consider Nevada: Gambling always expands