Gov.-elect Hassan visits Red Arrow
MANCHESTER — Gov.-elect Maggie Hassan returned Wednesday to the Red Arrow, the Manchester diner close to her campaign office and the spot where she greeted voters now twice after election victories -- in September after her primary win, and Wednesday after her defeat of Manchester native Ovide Lamontagne.
Hassan spoke to supporters and made the rounds inside the Lowell Street diner.
“I just think people wanted to move forward,” Hassan said about her victory. In Manchester, she won by a tally of 25,203 to 19,868, defeating Lamontagne in every ward, including his home Ward 7.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Laconia accident results in minor injuries for motorcyclist - 0
- Christopher Thompson's Closing the Deal: Time for Market Basket to get back to business - 0
- Playing for a purpose Field Hockey Jamboree at Manchester Memorial - 0
- Franklin Pierce's Kirsh to retire as AD - 0
- UNH Wildcat gridders can't stop Toledo, 54-20 - 1
- UNH Wildcats volleyball looking forward to good season - 0
- Dave D'Onofrio's Patriots Notebook: Pats' cuts hold few surprises - 0
- New-look Boston Red Sox taking test run - 0
- NH Fisher Cats bats silenced in Conn., in 3-1 loss - 0
Amnesty? Garcia is against it
NH's teen pregnancy still lowest nationwide
George Will: Paul Ryan's way forward