Gov.-elect Hassan visits Red Arrow
MANCHESTER — Gov.-elect Maggie Hassan returned Wednesday to the Red Arrow, the Manchester diner close to her campaign office and the spot where she greeted voters now twice after election victories -- in September after her primary win, and Wednesday after her defeat of Manchester native Ovide Lamontagne.
Hassan spoke to supporters and made the rounds inside the Lowell Street diner.
“I just think people wanted to move forward,” Hassan said about her victory. In Manchester, she won by a tally of 25,203 to 19,868, defeating Lamontagne in every ward, including his home Ward 7.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Goffstown's Bourque impresses; Memorial, Bishop Guertin, Pinkerton win in Queen City Jamboree - 0
- Hanover boys soccer edges defense-minded BG - 0
- NH Fisher Cats, Pierre stun Rock Cats in 4-3 win - 0
- Helping hands for new St. Anselm students in Manchester on move in day - 0
- To market, to market: Market Basket shoppers flock on in - 0
- Nashua Market Basket employee: 'Worth every day of work lost' - 0
- NH teen killers to get sentence reviews after state Supreme Court decision - 0
- Manchester raid came 8 months after home invasion - 0
- NH killer in 1991 Smart trial seeks time with wife - 0
Where is Shaheen? Hiding from you
Enter to win tickets to see Paula Poundstone
Hooksett highs: A good multiple choice test