Retired firefighter Gamache elected alderman in Ward 11
MANCHESTER - Retired firefighter Normand Gamache won a special election for the Ward 11 alderman seat on Tuesday.
Gamache defeated Emily Sandblade, a small-government Republican and advocate for the city's tax cap, by a vote of 1,392 to 1,182.
Gamache will fill the seat vacated by Russ Ouellette, who resigned earlier this year after his arrest in July. Ouellette later pleaded guilty to assault charges stemming from a late-night encounter with a woman.
Gamache is a retired district chief who was a fourth-generation firefighter.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Talk of UNH logo change brings out passions - 0
- John Habib's City Sports: Gosselin stepping down as city AD - 0
- Lackey sharp as Red Sox pound Cleveland, Masterson - 0
- Manchester Vet Center just 'a great place' - 0
- NHIAA Roundup: Bedford netmen earn spot in state final - 0
- NHIAA Scoreboard, May 24, 2013 - 0
- NHIAA Div. I Track: Lynch, North boys prevail - 0
- Two found dead in Belmont; one man detained as part of investigation - 0
- Weather this weekend may be more like Veterans Day - 0
NHIAA Scoreboard, May 24, 2013
Memorial Day services, events around NH
Just say it: Our fight is with radical Islam
The casino vote: The House did its duty
Talk of UNH logo change brings out passions