Retired firefighter Gamache elected alderman in Ward 11
MANCHESTER - Retired firefighter Normand Gamache won a special election for the Ward 11 alderman seat on Tuesday.
Gamache defeated Emily Sandblade, a small-government Republican and advocate for the city's tax cap, by a vote of 1,392 to 1,182.
Gamache will fill the seat vacated by Russ Ouellette, who resigned earlier this year after his arrest in July. Ouellette later pleaded guilty to assault charges stemming from a late-night encounter with a woman.
Gamache is a retired district chief who was a fourth-generation firefighter.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Only a freshman, Kennedy excelled on the track - 0
- Looking Back With Aurore Eaton: The Manchester Opera House makes its stunning debut - 0
- Another View -- John Dumais: Mandatory GMO labeling is all cost, no benefit - 0
- What’s the rush? Executive Council follows Pelosi plan - 0
- On Baseball: Fisher Cats prove point - 0
- Evan Turner, Celtics see upside in new deal - 0
- Thunder take two from Fisher Cats - 0
- Ortiz, Drew (4 RBIs each) lead Red Sox hit parade against Blue Jays - 0
- Nashua settles suit over gas collection system - 0
Market Basket workers urged to 'shut it down'; deposed CEO urges fired workers be given jobs back
Shaheen's record: On insurance, it is dismal
Anti-SUV flop: Americans love utility
U.S. appeals courts issue conflicting rulings on Obamacare exchange subsidies such as NH's