Retired firefighter Gamache elected alderman in Ward 11
MANCHESTER - Retired firefighter Normand Gamache won a special election for the Ward 11 alderman seat on Tuesday.
Gamache defeated Emily Sandblade, a small-government Republican and advocate for the city's tax cap, by a vote of 1,392 to 1,182.
Gamache will fill the seat vacated by Russ Ouellette, who resigned earlier this year after his arrest in July. Ouellette later pleaded guilty to assault charges stemming from a late-night encounter with a woman.
Gamache is a retired district chief who was a fourth-generation firefighter.
READER COMMENTS: 1
- Nashua South edges Manchester Memorial in girls soccer action - 0
- Goffstown's Bourque impresses; Memorial, Bishop Guertin, Pinkerton win in Queen City Jamboree - 0
- Hanover boys soccer edges defense-minded BG - 0
- NH Fisher Cats, Pierre stun Rock Cats in 4-3 win - 0
- Helping hands for new St. Anselm students in Manchester on move in day - 0
- To market, to market: Market Basket shoppers flock on in - 8
- Nashua Market Basket employee: 'Worth every day of work lost' - 8
- NH teen killers to get sentence reviews after state Supreme Court decision - 5
- Manchester raid came 8 months after home invasion - 2
Where is Shaheen? Hiding from you
Enter to win tickets to see Paula Poundstone
Win tickets to see Steven Wright
Hooksett highs: A good multiple choice test