Retired firefighter Gamache elected alderman in Ward 11
MANCHESTER - Retired firefighter Normand Gamache won a special election for the Ward 11 alderman seat on Tuesday.
Gamache defeated Emily Sandblade, a small-government Republican and advocate for the city's tax cap, by a vote of 1,392 to 1,182.
Gamache will fill the seat vacated by Russ Ouellette, who resigned earlier this year after his arrest in July. Ouellette later pleaded guilty to assault charges stemming from a late-night encounter with a woman.
Gamache is a retired district chief who was a fourth-generation firefighter.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Thomas Sowell: Liberal urban police policies won't quell riots - 0
- Another View -- Frank Guinta: I am uniquely qualified to represent NH in Congress - 11
- Deroy Murdock: The indictment of Rick Perry is bizarre and unfounded - 0
- Another View - Marc Champion: A strong terror policy would cure Obama's golf woes - 0
- Jonah Goldberg: Obama confuses the TV world with the real one - 1
- George Will: In defense of the defenders - 0
- Roger Simon: Is Ferguson the future? - 0
- Charles Krauthammer: Stopping the worst people on earth - 0
- Lynn Preston's NH Legal Perspectives: What prospective real estate purchasers need to know - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Too much FahrvergnŘgen: Nashua man charged with indecent exposure while driving - 1
- Dan Tuohy's Granite Status: Garcia to air her first TV ad - 0
- Boston Red Sox hammer Jays for seven runs in 11th, win 11-7 - 0
- NH Motor Speedway to again host two Sprint Cup Series weekends in 2015 - 0
- St. Anselm football players practice ini August heat - 0
- White, Glenn lift Fisher Cats over Harrisburg, 6-4 - 0
- KSC field hockey first in coaches poll - 0
- New England Patriots guard Mankins traded to Tampa for TE Wright - 1
- NH Fisher Cat Lee still striving for making it to the major leagues - 0
Backyard boulder kills Raymond homeowner
Reports: Market Basket doomsday plan would shutter 61 of 71 stores if deal not struck soon
GOP for legal pot? Hemignway's high help
Ohio's Rob Portman: GOP can win back Senate