Retired firefighter Gamache elected alderman in Ward 11
MANCHESTER - Retired firefighter Normand Gamache won a special election for the Ward 11 alderman seat on Tuesday.
Gamache defeated Emily Sandblade, a small-government Republican and advocate for the city's tax cap, by a vote of 1,392 to 1,182.
Gamache will fill the seat vacated by Russ Ouellette, who resigned earlier this year after his arrest in July. Ouellette later pleaded guilty to assault charges stemming from a late-night encounter with a woman.
Gamache is a retired district chief who was a fourth-generation firefighter.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- NHIAA Basketball: Bedford girls top Trinity to advance - 0
- Ham radio introduction and class - 0
- College Roundup: UNH men ousted from hoop tourney - 0
- Liquor Commission contract sets performance standards - 0
- Pease, Portsmouth await decision on major aerial refueling project - 0
- GRS cooperative voters support board's plan - 0
- Police make arrest in Pembroke embezzlement case - 0
- Hopkinton makes quick work of giving annual raises - 0
- Candidates learn District 1 is a big area with a 'small-town' feel - 0
Obamacare's new trick: Only temporary relief