Home » News » Public Safety
Candia man found dead in tree stand
An Auburn man's body was found found in a tree stand behind a relative's home on Old Candia Road at about noon Tuesday in Candia.
Police are investigating, but at this time suspect no foul play, believing the man, 57, died from natural causes. No firearms were involved, authorities said.
New Hampshire Fish and Game and the fire department were called to the scene. Candia Chief Mike McGillen also inspected the scene, coming from the polls at the Henry W. Moore school. The man's name was not released. An autopsy is pending.
READER COMMENTS: 1
- Officials probe fire at Jaffrey trash sorting building - 0
- Missing Conway girl's mother not giving up hope - 2
- Check those pool filters for another invasive species - 0
- Lowell apartment house fire claims 7 lives, including three children - 0
- Posting of recent standoff has Free Keene bloggers taking heat - 2
- State Police Marine Patrol IDs Duncan Lake drowning victim - 0
- Lost Massachusetts hikers found safe in NH - 0
- City police schedule community meeting - 1
- Missing Massachusetts woman returns home - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Somersworth man charged in three incidents - 0
- Outrageous waste: You overpaid by how much? - 3
- Another View -- Tiler Eaton: The Northern Pass project would help, not hurt, NH's economy - 1
- Allen Lessels on Motor Sports: Craven loves qualifying format - 0
- City summer: Check out Manchester - 0
- Revenge? Shea needs none - 0
- Bonner rock'n the hardware - 0
- On Baseball: G'days for Berti boosted his game - 0
- Special Section: Readers' Choice 2014 - 0
Bikers say under-30 generation isn't interested, and can't afford many of the top motorcycles
Another View -- Tiler Eaton: The Northern Pass project would help, not hurt, NH's economy
Ignoring Lyme: What are state, towns doing?