Home » News » Public Safety
Pedestrian in Durham hit by car
DURHAM - Police are investigating a motor vehicle accident Tuesday morning in which a pedestrian was struck.
Police said responders to Garrison Avenue, near Rosemary Lane, at 11 a.m. found pedestrian Thomas Mellino, 50, of Lynn, Mass., lying in the street.
Preliminary investigation determined that Abigail White, 19, of Derry, was driving a 2007 Volkswagen Jetta north on Garrison avenue and struck Mellino, who was in the roadway.
Mellino, who suffered non-life threatening injuries, was taken to Wentworth- Douglass Hospital in Dover.
The investigation is continuing and any witnesses are asked to call Durham police at 868-2324 with information.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Derry police continue to look for missing gun left in courthouse bathroom - 0
- Backyard boulder kills Raymond homeowner - 1
- Merrimack police find car sticking into road, charge man - 0
- Police say impairment and speed not factors in fatal crash in Conway - 0
- Manchester man sustains life-threatening injuries in Bedford crash - 0
- Barrington man, 41, dies in cycle crash - 0
- Bay State man hurt in Ripley Falls fall - 0
- Veteran Arizona officer named Rindge police chief - 3
- NH gun license form must change, critics say - 10
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Betsy McCaughey: Congress should take the lead on Iraq - 2
- Another View - Rick Santorum: When Israel needs our help, we have to be there - 0
- Man killed in Pelham motorcycle accident wasn't wearing helmet - 0
- Too much FahrvergnŘgen: Nashua man charged with indecent exposure while driving - 2
- Dan Tuohy's Granite Status: Garcia to air her first TV ad - 0
- Boston Red Sox hammer Jays for seven runs in 11th, win 11-7 - 0
- NH Motor Speedway to again host two Sprint Cup Series weekends in 2015 - 0
- St. Anselm football players practice ini August heat - 0
- White, Glenn lift Fisher Cats over Harrisburg, 6-4 - 0
Backyard boulder kills Raymond homeowner
GOP for legal pot? Hemignway's high help
Ohio's Rob Portman: GOP can win back Senate