Home » News » Public Safety
Pedestrian in Durham hit by car
DURHAM - Police are investigating a motor vehicle accident Tuesday morning in which a pedestrian was struck.
Police said responders to Garrison Avenue, near Rosemary Lane, at 11 a.m. found pedestrian Thomas Mellino, 50, of Lynn, Mass., lying in the street.
Preliminary investigation determined that Abigail White, 19, of Derry, was driving a 2007 Volkswagen Jetta north on Garrison avenue and struck Mellino, who was in the roadway.
Mellino, who suffered non-life threatening injuries, was taken to Wentworth- Douglass Hospital in Dover.
The investigation is continuing and any witnesses are asked to call Durham police at 868-2324 with information.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Mont Vernon picks Milford officer as next police chief - 0
- Conway is heartened by word of her letter - 0
- Missing Conway teenager remains in 'grave' danger - 0
- Officials will share new information about missing Conway teen - 1
- Fire scene closes Goffstown's Paige Hill Road - 0
- Newton boy badly hurt when struck by SUV while walking - 0
- Body found floating in Sagamore Creek identified - 0
- Police probe Dover official's fatal car crash - 1
- Fundraiser tonight to benefit injured man - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Two charged with selling heroin in Nashua - 0
- 'Fugitive of the week' arrested in Hooksett - 0
- Dover police arrest 3 on drug charges - 0
- Sports Briefs: No miracle finish for Vonn - 0
- Browns QB Campbell cleared to face Pats - 0
- Bruins defenseman Boychuk's status unknown - 0
- SNHU seeks NCAA title - 0
- Wildcat gridders visit Maine in defining game for program - 0
- Manchester needs more police department argues in staffing report - 0
Science, art combine for cancer fundraiser
Conway is heartened by word of her letter
Reams threatens to sue county commissioners
Dover police arrest 3 on drug charges
'Fugitive of the week' arrested in Hooksett
McWages: They're about value
Pot debate precedes legislative hearings
Dingman: 'I try to be a better person'
John DiStaso's Granite Status: Scott Brown says 'nothing is really changed' on political plans
Judge rules to keep officers on Laurie list
- Would you support spending local tax dollars to buy your police department a $250K armored vehicle?
- Total Votes: 1072