Home » Sports » College Sports
Men's Soccer: UNH upsets top seed UVM, heads to conference title game
Sophomore forward Paul Bianchi tallied his first goal of the season in the 57th minute of the America East men's soccer tournament semifinals at No. 1 Vermont to lift the No. 5 University of New Hampshire to the title game, 1-0.
The win brings the Wildcats to 7-7-5 on the year while Vermont bows out with an 8-5-5 record.
New Hampshire will travel to the winner of Stony Brook vs. UMBC to play for the title on Saturday at 7 p.m.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Santos drives in three as Curve beat Fisher Cats in 10 - 0
- Large billboards grabbing attention on Route 101 in Epping - 1
- Pearl Street lot proposal involves student housing in Manchester - 0
- Manchester VFW posts fights to survive without poker cash - 0
- Surveillance led NSA to 50 terror 'events' - 0
- One arrested as Concord gun-control rally gets rowdy - 13
- Celtics, Clippers call off Doc deal - 0
- High school football is in the air as CHad practice opens - 0
- Agencies to offer summer food service to Derry children in need - 0
Voter restrictions: Who will govern us?
Nashua couple's deaths called suspicious
Mother of drowned baby gets prison time