Home » Sports » College Sports
Men's Soccer: UNH upsets top seed UVM, heads to conference title game
Sophomore forward Paul Bianchi tallied his first goal of the season in the 57th minute of the America East men's soccer tournament semifinals at No. 1 Vermont to lift the No. 5 University of New Hampshire to the title game, 1-0.
The win brings the Wildcats to 7-7-5 on the year while Vermont bows out with an 8-5-5 record.
New Hampshire will travel to the winner of Stony Brook vs. UMBC to play for the title on Saturday at 7 p.m.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Gambling bill scuttled, 'Now it is going to be really tough' for budget - 2
- NHIAA Roundup: BG girls’ tennis team sweeps Pinkerton - 0
- NHIAA box scores, summaries for May 22 - 0
- Officials say Goffstown High ‘safe’ after threat of violence - 0
- Manchester Community College graduates told ‘speak your minds’ - 0
- Portsmouth manhunt suspect turns himself in to police - 0
- Nurse said Exeter Hospital is making her a ‘scapegoat’ in hepatitis case - 0
- Derry council defends officials' purchases - 0
- Nashua librarian reports E-books flying off virtual shelves - 0
Memorial Day events in New Hampshire
Milford team wins seatbelt challenge
Consider Nevada: Gambling always expands