Home » Sports » College Sports
Men's Soccer: UNH upsets top seed UVM, heads to conference title game
Sophomore forward Paul Bianchi tallied his first goal of the season in the 57th minute of the America East men's soccer tournament semifinals at No. 1 Vermont to lift the No. 5 University of New Hampshire to the title game, 1-0.
The win brings the Wildcats to 7-7-5 on the year while Vermont bows out with an 8-5-5 record.
New Hampshire will travel to the winner of Stony Brook vs. UMBC to play for the title on Saturday at 7 p.m.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Red Sox win rain-delayed twinbill opener - 0
- Dad-to-be Gonzalez, Orioles top Red Sox - 0
- Allen Lessels' On Baseball: The journey begins for NH minor leaguers - 0
- Dave D'Onofrio's Sox Beat: AL East is still a beast - 0
- Lackey hurls Red Sox to win over O's - 0
- Buchholz may be headed for disabled list - 0
- Conway's Locke wins sixth as Bucs top Dodgers - 0
- Orioles efficient in win over Sox - 0
- On Baseball: Prospect Nolin gets taste of major leagues, vows to return - 0
READER COMMENTS: 3
- House, Senate at standoff over vaccines, voter registration bill - 0
- Rochester parents called to court to answer for truant children - 0
- Exeter High teachers' resignations announced at meeting - 0
- Rochester woman under arrest in underage party - 0
- LeBron, Heat edge Spurs in OT, force Game 7 - 0
- Santos drives in three as Curve beat Fisher Cats in 10 - 0
- Large billboards grabbing attention on Route 101 in Epping - 2
- Pearl Street lot proposal involves student housing in Manchester - 3
- Manchester VFW posts fights to survive without poker cash - 2
Nashua couple's deaths called suspicious
Voter restrictions: Who will govern us?
Mother of drowned baby gets prison time