Scouts to hold annual food drive Saturday
MANCHESTER - Scouts throughout New Hampshire are participating in the annual Scouting for Food drive Saturday.
Last week, Scouts distributed door hangers around their communities to encourage residents to leave out nonperishable food and household items for pickup this Saturday. Scouts will return to pick up the items starting at 8:30 a.m.
The food will be distributed to more than 20 collection sites, where it will be sorted and distributed to more than 150 local food pantries and agencies.
If you received a door hanger, please leave your donations in a visible location outside your front door or by the base of your mailbox (please do not hang on or put in your mailbox) by 8:30 a.m. Please avoid donating glass items.
If you do not receive a door hanger or your items are not picked up, please consider bringing donations to the collection site closest to you.
For more information about Scouting for Food and a list of collection sites, go to nhscouting.org/scoutingforfood.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Maple Street skate park revamp plans amping up in Manchester - 0
- Congo war's legacy follows survivor to NH - 0
- ‘Ellen’ helps reunite NH military family via Internet - 0
- Help Combat Invasive Plants; Loaner Tools & Statewide Web Resource - 0
- Cranmore Opens for Spring/Summer Operations on May 25 - 0
- 29th Annual Chowder Fest Kicks-Off Summer on June 1st - 0
- Bedford condo shows high style in a smaller space - 0
- Memorial Day Observances 2013 - 0
- No big Powerball winners in NH, but tidy sums taken - 0
Memorial Day Observances 2013
Goffstown holds off on school borrowing
Congo war's legacy follows survivor to NH
Not so merry: Giving Robin Hood a bad name