Scouts to hold annual food drive Saturday
MANCHESTER - Scouts throughout New Hampshire are participating in the annual Scouting for Food drive Saturday.
Last week, Scouts distributed door hangers around their communities to encourage residents to leave out nonperishable food and household items for pickup this Saturday. Scouts will return to pick up the items starting at 8:30 a.m.
The food will be distributed to more than 20 collection sites, where it will be sorted and distributed to more than 150 local food pantries and agencies.
If you received a door hanger, please leave your donations in a visible location outside your front door or by the base of your mailbox (please do not hang on or put in your mailbox) by 8:30 a.m. Please avoid donating glass items.
If you do not receive a door hanger or your items are not picked up, please consider bringing donations to the collection site closest to you.
For more information about Scouting for Food and a list of collection sites, go to nhscouting.org/scoutingforfood.
To improve the chance of seeing your comment posted here or published in the New Hampshire Union Leader:
- Identify yourself. Accounts using fake or incomplete names are suspended regardless of the quality of posts.
- Say something new, stay on topic, keep it short.
- Links to outside URLs are discouraged, if used they should be on topic.
- Avoid comments in bad taste, write well, avoid using all capital letters
- Don't cite facts about individuals or businesses without providing a means to verify the claim
- If you see an objectionable comment please click the "Report Abuse" button and be sure to tell us why.
Note: Comments are the opinion of the respective poster and not of the publisher.Be the first to comment.