Catholic parishes to help Sandy's victims
All donations will be distributed to Catholic Charities USA and Catholic Relief Services. The offering will help those along the U.S. East Coast, Haiti, Cuba and other Caribbean nations.
"New Hampshire was spared the full force of this destructive storm, for which we thank God. But now the time has come for us to aid those suffering in Sandy's wake, from New York City all the way down to the Gulf of Mexico," Libasci said in a statement Tuesday.
"Please be as generous as your means allow. Our small gesture, repeated in churches across this country, can make a difference to millions now in great need," the bishop added.
The Diocese of Rockville Centre, New York, also is collecting supplies to distribute to those who have been left without basic provisions in the wake of the devastating storm. There is an urgent need for non-perishable foods, hand sanitizers, bottled water, diapers and baby wipes, basic toiletries and toilet paper, warm clothing and blankets, batteries, can openers, flashlights and towels.
For more information about sending supplies to New York, contact the Diocese of Rockville Centre Hurricane Sandy Line at 516-678-5800, ext. 555.
To improve the chance of seeing your comment posted here or published in the New Hampshire Union Leader:
- Identify yourself. Accounts using fake or incomplete names are suspended regardless of the quality of posts.
- Say something new, stay on topic, keep it short.
- Links to outside URLs are discouraged, if used they should be on topic.
- Avoid comments in bad taste, write well, avoid using all capital letters
- Don't cite facts about individuals or businesses without providing a means to verify the claim
- If you see an objectionable comment please click the "Report Abuse" button and be sure to tell us why.
Note: Comments are the opinion of the respective poster and not of the publisher.Be the first to comment.