Peterborough's annual remembrance service for Veterans Day is Sunday
PETERBOROUGH - A Veterans Day remembrance service is planned for 9 a.m. Sunday at All Saints' Episcopal Church on Concord Street in Peterborough. All veterans, their families and friends are welcome.
The Reverends Adrian Robbins-Cole and Sarah Robbins Cole are to officiate and the U.S. Naval Sea Cadets Monadnock Squadron plan to attend the service. Coffee, cider and donuts are being served on the lawn by the Post Auxiliary assisted by the Girl Scouts after the service.
If the weather is inclement, refreshments are to be inside the Old Parish House. Attendees are asked to dress warmly.
This is the third annual Veterans Day Service at the church because of its connection to American Legion Post 5 Cheney-Armstrong Post whose namesakes William Cheney, who died in World War I, who is laid in the crypt at All Saints, and John Armstrong, who died in World War II, were members of All Saints'.
The American Legion also plans to hold its annual Veterans Day parade starting at Veterans' Way downtown at 10:40 a.m. The parade ends at the Memorial Gates on Grove Street at which a ceremony is planned. Retired Admiral Dale Gabel of Dublin will speak.
At 11:11 a.m. the America Legion Honor Guard plan to fire, South Meadow School Band Leader Ed Lowy plans to play taps as the Girl Scouts raise the American flag. The American Legion Auxiliary plans to sell baked goods and flags afterward.
- - - - - - - -
Meghan Pierce may be reached at email@example.com.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Maple Street skate park revamp plans amping up in Manchester - 0
- Congo war's legacy follows survivor to NH - 0
- ‘Ellen’ helps reunite NH military family via Internet - 0
- Help Combat Invasive Plants; Loaner Tools & Statewide Web Resource - 0
- Cranmore Opens for Spring/Summer Operations on May 25 - 0
- 29th Annual Chowder Fest Kicks-Off Summer on June 1st - 0
- Bedford condo shows high style in a smaller space - 0
- Memorial Day Observances 2013 - 0
- No big Powerball winners in NH, but tidy sums taken - 0
Memorial Day Observances 2013
Goffstown holds off on school borrowing
Congo war's legacy follows survivor to NH
Not so merry: Giving Robin Hood a bad name