Numerous fender-benders as first snow covers southern NH
It's become an annual ritual: the season's first dusting of snow covers southern New Hampshire, followed by fender-benders, rollovers, spinouts and cars skidding off highways.
Thursday morning was no different with numerous crashes occurring across state and local roads, although none was reported as major, according to a spokesman with the state Traffic Management Center (TMC) in Concord. There were no road closures as of 7:15 a.m.
Speeds along the state's highways, however, were lowered to 45 mph but are expected to be lifted once the roads are cleared of snow. State highway crews are out sanding and salting the roads, which at 7:15 a.m. were in fair condition, according to TMC.
They were expected to clear quickly, however, as snow turned over to rain.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- For most, no choice but to hit the roads for stormy holiday travel - 3
- Coast Guard issues weather warning to coastal boaters - 0
- Coast Guard issues weather warning to boaters - 0
- Man crushed by wind-felled tree in Laconia as powerful winds follow frigid air; thousands without power - 0
- Slick roads eyed for holiday - 0
- Granite Staters arrived in Philippines just after typhoon hit - 0
- Granite Staters fly out to Phillipines to help after typhoon - 0
- Strong winds cut power to thousands across New Hampshire - 0
- State acts to shore up Gorham dam - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Fire scene closes Goffstown's Paige Hill Road - 0
- Gas tax increase would be tied to consumer price index - 1
- Dingman granted conditional parole - 3
- Suicide bomber, gunmen kill 52 in Yemen - 0
- Manchester gas station burglarized - 0
- Conn. tractor-trailer driver charged in Manchester hit and run - 2
- John DiStaso's Granite Status: Scott Brown to be in Londonderry tonight, says 'nothing is really changed' on political plans - 10
- Goffstown man held in Triangle Credit Union robbery, burglaries - 0
- 2 Bay State men arrested for Peterborough credit union robbery - 1
Dingman granted conditional parole
John DiStaso's Granite Status: Scott Brown to be in Londonderry tonight, says 'nothing is really changed' on political plans