Sep 18, 2014
Sep 4, 2014
Aug 28, 2014
Aug 21, 2014
U.S. Marshals arrest fugitive in Derry
CONCORD -- A man featured as a "Fugitive of the Week" by the U.S. Marshals Office was arrested Friday morning in Derry.
Reinaldo "Chooki" Ruiz Jr., 25, was arrested at a High Street residence by members of the U.S. Marshals Fugitive Task Force out of Massachusetts. According to a news release, task force members were following up on leads in the Lowell, Mass. area when they received information that Ruiz was in Derry.
He was indicted in August by a Rockingham County Superior Court jury on charges of possession of a controlled drug (marijuana and cocaine) with intent to distribute.
The Rockingham County Sheriff's Office requested assistance of the U.S Marshals - New Hampshire Joint Fugitive Task Force in locating and arresting Ruiz, a known gang member considered armed and dangerous.
Ruiz last had been in the Hampton and Seabrook areas, but also was known to have ties to Lowell.
He was the Sept. 1 "Fugitive of the Week."
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Hampstead man accused of sex assaults on girl - 0
- Police say man kills daughter, 6 grandchildren in Fla. murder-suicide - 0
- 2 men arrested in Manchester SWAT raid, drug bust - 3
- 2 women sentenced in Home Depot scam - 0
- Man accused of stabbing man in Concord's White Park - 0
- Friends, co-workers mourn loss of Amherst mother and son - 2
- Vermont father, two sons facing charges for Canobie Lake Park scuffle - 0
- Son used AK-47 to kill mother, then himself in Amherst home - 36
- Police arrest two following Portsmouth fight with hammer and knife - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Another View -- Ben Rose: How NH's John Stark helped defeat the British at Saratoga - 0
- Son says shooting of mom during DEA raid was a mistake - 0
- Londonderry Rotary to host forum next week - 0
- Central High fair to feature admissions officers - 0
- Electric vehicle charging station at Pease - 0
- Seminar at SNHU offers tips for new businesses - 0
- Oracle's Ellison steps down as CEO - 0
- NFL: Hester sets return record as Falcons thrash Buccaneers, 56-14 - 0
- Vermonter Gilbert wins Fight to Educate main bout by decision - 0
Casino gambles: Hopes dashed all over
Mark Hayward's City Matters: Dean Kamen is a genius inventor, and he's pretty good at oratory, too
- Mass. Supreme Judicial Court has found upskirt photos taken on a subway aren't illegal. Should such voyeurism be a crime?
- Total Votes: 917