Nov 14, 2013
Nov 6, 2013
Oct 30, 2013
Oct 23, 2013
U.S. Marshals arrest fugitive in Derry
CONCORD -- A man featured as a "Fugitive of the Week" by the U.S. Marshals Office was arrested Friday morning in Derry.
Reinaldo "Chooki" Ruiz Jr., 25, was arrested at a High Street residence by members of the U.S. Marshals Fugitive Task Force out of Massachusetts. According to a news release, task force members were following up on leads in the Lowell, Mass. area when they received information that Ruiz was in Derry.
He was indicted in August by a Rockingham County Superior Court jury on charges of possession of a controlled drug (marijuana and cocaine) with intent to distribute.
The Rockingham County Sheriff's Office requested assistance of the U.S Marshals - New Hampshire Joint Fugitive Task Force in locating and arresting Ruiz, a known gang member considered armed and dangerous.
Ruiz last had been in the Hampton and Seabrook areas, but also was known to have ties to Lowell.
He was the Sept. 1 "Fugitive of the Week."
READER COMMENTS: 1
- Police: Salem man used car keys to stab officer in hand - 0
- Manchester muffler shop burglarized - 0
- Armed man arrested after Manchester convenience store robbery - 0
- Store cashier in Littleton refuses to give up the cash to robber - 0
- Convicted drug dealer arrested in Nashua on more drug charges - 0
- Former Plaistow finance director charged with theft - 0
- Police: Laconia man threatened harm to toddler - 0
- Manchester man tells judge pills aren’t his - 0
- Hannaford parking lot encounter involved a shotgun - 39
READER COMMENTS: 6
- UPDATE: Portsmouth woman, 60, identified after her body is found in creek - 0
- N.Y. man charged with reckless conduct after accidental shooting in Nashua - 0
- Cases against Keene 'Robin Hooders' dismissed by judge - 2
- Boy, 12, struck in Newton remains hospitalized - 0
- State revenue under projections for November - 0
- UPDATE: Dover toll plaza appears undamaged after Tuesday crash - 2
- Hooksett officer struck by motorist - 2
- UPDATE: Thornton woman dies after being struck by car in Campton - 0
- Sen. Ayotte pushes for bigger broadband bang for buck - 0
UPDATE: Could be 'months' before deciding on charges in crash involving Dover city councilor
What Congress? Obama's 'easy way out'
Boy wounded by bullet was to be released
- Should applicants for jobless benefits have to pass a drug test?
- Total Votes: 1424