Mar 5, 2014
Feb 26, 2014
Feb 19, 2014
Feb 6, 2014
U.S. Marshals arrest fugitive in Derry
CONCORD -- A man featured as a "Fugitive of the Week" by the U.S. Marshals Office was arrested Friday morning in Derry.
Reinaldo "Chooki" Ruiz Jr., 25, was arrested at a High Street residence by members of the U.S. Marshals Fugitive Task Force out of Massachusetts. According to a news release, task force members were following up on leads in the Lowell, Mass. area when they received information that Ruiz was in Derry.
He was indicted in August by a Rockingham County Superior Court jury on charges of possession of a controlled drug (marijuana and cocaine) with intent to distribute.
The Rockingham County Sheriff's Office requested assistance of the U.S Marshals - New Hampshire Joint Fugitive Task Force in locating and arresting Ruiz, a known gang member considered armed and dangerous.
Ruiz last had been in the Hampton and Seabrook areas, but also was known to have ties to Lowell.
He was the Sept. 1 "Fugitive of the Week."
READER COMMENTS: 0
- UPDATE: Hudson police standoff ends; person in custody - 0
- Manchester man who defrauded banks in mortgage foreclosure scheme gets 6 years - 0
- Manchester CrimeWatch: Graffiti charge keeps teen’s bail from changing - 0
- Manchester-based scam roofer going to prison for making promises, taking money - 0
- UPDATED: Manchester police recover $11,000 in drugs while investigating domestic assault - 1
- Somersworth mother charged over statements in abuse case against Rochester boyfriend - 1
- UPDATE: Rochester man says he held girl, 3, in headlock for wetting the bed - 1
- Nine arrested in Ossipee drug sweep - 0
- Litchfield woman charged in theft at local grocery store - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- 600 votes cast in Hudson by midday - 0
- Londonderry polls average 100 voters per hour - 0
- Faulty lamp caused Manchester blaze - 0
- Nashua school members' letter prompts an apology - 0
- UNH Law named a top 100 law school in magazine’s rankings - 0
- Musher Seavey wins Alaska's Iditarod dogsled race; woman with NH ties finishes second - 0
- Revised lice policy gets cool reception from some at Manchester school meeting - 1
- March storm brings accumulation mystery, maybe misery - 0
- Manchester’s Slebodnick stars in Cornell’s title win - 0
Taken for a ride: Hooksett’s Pinkerton deal
Manchester schools project budget surplus
John DiStaso's Granite Status: Shaheen among speakers at Senate Dems' climate change 'talkathon'