May 24, 2013
May 15, 2013
May 8, 2013
May 1, 2013
Man charged after high-speed pursuit
NORTHFIELD - A Holderness man faced multiple charges Saturday after fleeing police in a stolen Buick LeSabre at speeds surpassing more than 100 mph, authorities said.
State police at 12:01 a.m. Saturday stopped the car for going 95 mph on Interstate 93 south. Police pursued the car, which at one point exceeded 100 mph, state police said.
The vehicle was pulled over on I-93 and its driver was taken into custody, police said.
Stevan Spead, 22, was charged with receiving stolen property, aggravated driving while intoxicated, reckless conduct, disobeying an officer, operating after suspension (subsequent) and possession of a controlled drug, according to authorities.
Police said Spead was allegedly driving a car stolen from Rumney on Friday evening and he was wanted by the Grafton County Sheriff's Office for a bench warrant from the Plymouth District Court and had a suspended driver license, police said. Spead was held at the Merrimack County House of Corrections.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Fremont man returned to face NH charges - 0
- 4 arrested in investigation of heroin sales in Portsmouth - 0
- AG says Belmont murder victims were mother and son, found hacked to death - 2
- Ossipee man charged with stealing guns, chainsaw - 0
- Fourth person arrested in Hollis home invasion - 0
- Two found dead in Belmont; one man detained as part of investigation - 3
- Police say man detained as part of investigation into death scene in Belmont - 1
- Portsmouth drug raid nets four arrests for sale of heroin - 0
- Manchester Market clerk robbed by man armed with knife - 1
READER COMMENTS: 1
- Garry Rayno's State House Dome: Will House, Senate continue the feud? - 1
- Ted Siefer's City Hall: City down to the wire on school budget, superintendent - 0
- Service planned for mother of Newtown school shooter - 0
- ENH Power parent firm accused of false advertising - 0
- Soldier from Pelham remembered for self-sacrifice - 0
- New Hampshire energy suppliers announce new alliance - 0
- Ian Clark's On Hockey: Are B's destiny's darlings? - 0
- Dave D'Onofrio's Sox Beat: Lackey's performance key for Sox - 0
- Bins for clothing, book donations may get identifiers of for-profit owner - 0
Fireworks, parade slated in Manchester
Talk of UNH logo change brings out passions
- Should applicants for jobless benefits have to pass a drug test?
- Total Votes: 1424