Dec 19, 2013
Nov 14, 2013
Nov 6, 2013
Oct 30, 2013
Man charged after high-speed pursuit
NORTHFIELD - A Holderness man faced multiple charges Saturday after fleeing police in a stolen Buick LeSabre at speeds surpassing more than 100 mph, authorities said.
State police at 12:01 a.m. Saturday stopped the car for going 95 mph on Interstate 93 south. Police pursued the car, which at one point exceeded 100 mph, state police said.
The vehicle was pulled over on I-93 and its driver was taken into custody, police said.
Stevan Spead, 22, was charged with receiving stolen property, aggravated driving while intoxicated, reckless conduct, disobeying an officer, operating after suspension (subsequent) and possession of a controlled drug, according to authorities.
Police said Spead was allegedly driving a car stolen from Rumney on Friday evening and he was wanted by the Grafton County Sheriff's Office for a bench warrant from the Plymouth District Court and had a suspended driver license, police said. Spead was held at the Merrimack County House of Corrections.
READER COMMENTS: 2
- Fugitive caught hiding under bed in Jaffrey - 0
- Target says data security breach may affect 40 million cards - 0
- Nashua man held in home invasion - 0
- Harvard student charged in bomb hoax released on bail - 6
- AG eyes whether credibility issue may undermine some Rockingham County convictions - 5
- City man charged with endangering child - 0
- Coos Superior Court hands up indictments - 0
- Coos County jury indicts Lancaster man in theft of firearms - 0
- Page Restaurant owners agree to pay $4,000 as part of plea deal - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Jury deadlocked in Keene murder trial - 0
- Judicial, PUC appointments before Executive Council - 0
- Donald Trump to visit NH - 1
- Former Sen. Scott Brown confirms move from Mass to NH - 8
- Hollis school officials call police on Santa Claus - 0
- Rusty water in Manchester caused by water main break in Bedford - 0
- Forecasters eye possible weekend ice storm - 0
- Abigail's mother issues plea for Christmas return - 2
- Fugitive of the week: James Porter - 0
Snow could reschedule Super Bowl
1 dead following Route 101 crash in Milford
City man charged with endangering child
- Should applicants for jobless benefits have to pass a drug test?
- Total Votes: 1424