Mar 12, 2014
Mar 5, 2014
Feb 26, 2014
Feb 19, 2014
Man charged after high-speed pursuit
NORTHFIELD - A Holderness man faced multiple charges Saturday after fleeing police in a stolen Buick LeSabre at speeds surpassing more than 100 mph, authorities said.
State police at 12:01 a.m. Saturday stopped the car for going 95 mph on Interstate 93 south. Police pursued the car, which at one point exceeded 100 mph, state police said.
The vehicle was pulled over on I-93 and its driver was taken into custody, police said.
Stevan Spead, 22, was charged with receiving stolen property, aggravated driving while intoxicated, reckless conduct, disobeying an officer, operating after suspension (subsequent) and possession of a controlled drug, according to authorities.
Police said Spead was allegedly driving a car stolen from Rumney on Friday evening and he was wanted by the Grafton County Sheriff's Office for a bench warrant from the Plymouth District Court and had a suspended driver license, police said. Spead was held at the Merrimack County House of Corrections.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Bedford man sentenced for lobster trap thefts - 0
- Manchester police recover $2,000 worth of painkillers in drug arrest - 2
- UPDATE: Hudson police standoff ends; person in custody - 0
- Manchester man who defrauded banks in mortgage foreclosure scheme gets 6 years - 2
- Manchester CrimeWatch: Graffiti charge keeps teen’s bail from changing - 0
- Manchester-based scam roofer going to prison for making promises, taking money - 0
- UPDATED: Manchester police recover $11,000 in drugs while investigating domestic assault - 2
- Somersworth mother charged over statements in abuse case against Rochester boyfriend - 2
- UPDATE: Rochester man says he held girl, 3, in headlock for wetting the bed - 1
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Memorial heroic in NHIAA Div. I basketball semifinal defeat - 0
- Excess school money may target crowded classes in Manchester - 0
- Nashua board members apologize for signingCommon Core letter - 0
- Sen. Shaheen participates in all-night climate change ‘talkathon’ - 0
- Ian Clark's On Hockey: Monarchs' Derek Forbort in the right place at the right time - 0
- Educators, advocates speak to new standards for use of force - 0
- Two Manchester health clinics working on merger plan - 0
- Manchester CrimeWatch: City woman connected to fatal crash in court again - 0
- Franklin’s newest police recruit, a German shepherd pup, can smell trouble - 0
Allenstown rejects town and school budgets
Crowley elected in Northfield
John DiStaso's Granite Status: Shaheen among speakers at Senate Dems' climate change 'talkathon'