Mar 5, 2014
Feb 26, 2014
Feb 19, 2014
Feb 6, 2014
Man charged after high-speed pursuit
NORTHFIELD - A Holderness man faced multiple charges Saturday after fleeing police in a stolen Buick LeSabre at speeds surpassing more than 100 mph, authorities said.
State police at 12:01 a.m. Saturday stopped the car for going 95 mph on Interstate 93 south. Police pursued the car, which at one point exceeded 100 mph, state police said.
The vehicle was pulled over on I-93 and its driver was taken into custody, police said.
Stevan Spead, 22, was charged with receiving stolen property, aggravated driving while intoxicated, reckless conduct, disobeying an officer, operating after suspension (subsequent) and possession of a controlled drug, according to authorities.
Police said Spead was allegedly driving a car stolen from Rumney on Friday evening and he was wanted by the Grafton County Sheriff's Office for a bench warrant from the Plymouth District Court and had a suspended driver license, police said. Spead was held at the Merrimack County House of Corrections.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Londonderry coach found not guilty in girl's sex assault - 0
- Police: Convicted Antrim sex offender mentored child he molested - 1
- Raymond man charged with hitting friend with his vehicle - 0
- NH Supreme Court reject's Addison appeal to remove AG's prosecuting team - 6
- Manchester man convicted on drug, weapons counts - 1
- Jury considers fate of Londonderry man in sex assault trial - 0
- Bay State following in NH's footsteps with 'upskirting' law - 2
- Epping supermarket worker arrested after brutal break room attack on female coworker - 9
- Nashua woman arrested in connection with homeless man's hit-and-run death - 4
READER COMMENTS: 0
- NHIAA Tournament Roundup: Central breaks away from Exeter - 0
- College Hockey: Dartmouth drops tournament opener - 0
- FEMA OKs $8m for repairs in Lincoln, Lebanon - 0
- Official says Manchester lost out on $1.5m for cell tower court has now ordered built - 0
- John Habib's City Sports: Derryfield's 'Mouse' made his mark - 0
- Rondo leads Celtics past Nets - 0
- Hats off to O'Neill, Monarchs - 0
- NHIAA Boys' Basketball: Maughn, Memorial top Londonderry - 0
- NHIAA Boys' Basketball: Giampetruzzi leads Trinity into D-I semis - 0
Stacey Cole's Nature Talks: Turkey vultures not commonly seen in NH until fairly recently
Obamacare's new trick: Only temporary relief