Home » News » Public Safety
Dirt bike rider airlifted from Derry to Boston with injuries
DERRY- An injured dirt bike rider was flown by helicopter to a Boston hospital Saturday, authorities said.
The rider was found in a remote section off Halls Village Road around 12:40 p.m. after rescue crews reached the person by four-wheel drive vehicles, according to the fire department. The medical helicopter was called because of the victim's injury and remote location.
The patient was treated at the scene and transferred to a nearby field where a medical helicopter flew the victim to Massachusetts General Hospital, authorities said.
The person's name and extent of injuries weren't available.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Two-alarm blaze at vacant building in Nashua - 0
- Police officer, firefighter team up to rescue dog from frozen Raymond river - 0
- Pilot safe after crash landing on Alton ice runway - 0
- Police dog Mingo is in even better hands - 0
- Manchester police honor their own for dedicated service - 1
- Damage from water main break closes portion of Allds Street in Nashua - 0
- Former UNH police chief remembered as 'amazing leader' - 0
- Pinkerton warns community of person soliciting students - 0
- Oil tanker strikes Memorial Bridge early Friday - 1
READER COMMENTS: 0
- NH delays enforcing liquor warehouse pact - 0
- Planned Parenthood funds S&M Web video - 0
- John DiStaso's Granite Status: Gatsas incensed by unauthorized use of his phone number for 'robocalls' - 0
- Garry Rayno's State House Dome: Vote on death penalty repeal set for Wednesday - 0
- Legislative ethics: NH way works better than most - 0
- Blue shame: Obamacare's big change - 0
- Ian Clark's On Hockey: Newest Monarchs making impact - 0
- Dave D'Onofrio's Sox Beat: Aging catchers cause for concern - 0
- Ted Siefer's City Hall: It was all about chickens, alleged threats and nocturnal wanderings - 1
NH delays enforcing liquor warehouse pact
Planned Parenthood funds S&M Web video
Two-alarm blaze at vacant building in Nashua