Home » News » Public Safety
Dirt bike rider airlifted from Derry to Boston with injuries
DERRY- An injured dirt bike rider was flown by helicopter to a Boston hospital Saturday, authorities said.
The rider was found in a remote section off Halls Village Road around 12:40 p.m. after rescue crews reached the person by four-wheel drive vehicles, according to the fire department. The medical helicopter was called because of the victim's injury and remote location.
The patient was treated at the scene and transferred to a nearby field where a medical helicopter flew the victim to Massachusetts General Hospital, authorities said.
The person's name and extent of injuries weren't available.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Danville couple struggling to get back on feet after explosion - 2
- Farmington school evacuated for bomb threat; police say kids are safe - 0
- Claremont elementary school to get safer sidewalks - 0
- Fire leaves Derry family of four homeless - 0
- Homeless man rescues woman who jumped from Granite Street Bridge - 2
- Propane driver saved from waist-deep mud - 0
- Update: Men target practicing face felonies after report of shots fired in Hooksett - 5
- One-alarm fire kept to chimney area of Bridgewater home - 0
- Nashua woman hurt in Pelham crash - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- State House Dome: Just past Concord session a mixed bag - 0
- Monarchs squeak by Bruins - 0
- Memorial hockey shuts out Trinity - 0
- Dover's Parratto a national champion - 0
- UNH defense comes up big against Redbirds - 0
- St. Anselm men knock off Post - 0
- Leadership, defense made Katie Bishop, of Conway, an All-American - 0
- Jet menace faltered under Rex - 0
- Strong start lifts Bedford to win - 0
UNH loses to Illinois State
Nashua police left rattled by tot's death
A new era for Nashua's police force
'Everybody was extremely fortunate'