Home » News » Public Safety
Dirt bike rider airlifted from Derry to Boston with injuries
DERRY- An injured dirt bike rider was flown by helicopter to a Boston hospital Saturday, authorities said.
The rider was found in a remote section off Halls Village Road around 12:40 p.m. after rescue crews reached the person by four-wheel drive vehicles, according to the fire department. The medical helicopter was called because of the victim's injury and remote location.
The patient was treated at the scene and transferred to a nearby field where a medical helicopter flew the victim to Massachusetts General Hospital, authorities said.
The person's name and extent of injuries weren't available.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Minor injury in crash at Concord airport - 0
- Child Advocacy Centers offer safe place for abused to begin healing - 0
- Man electrocuted at Keene brush fire - 0
- 2 officers, Weare face civil suit over 2012 burglary arrest - 25
- Extreme skier's handgun found, returned to him - 8
- Antrim fire damages cape - 0
- Merrimack students get a sobering lesson about drinking and driving - 0
- Two crashes reported on I-93 in Canterbury, Londonderry - 0
- Man killed in Seabrook fire identified - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Zakahi named provost, VP of academic affairs at Keene State - 0
- Groundskeeper found electrocuted is identified - 0
- CDFA names Caswell new director - 0
- GoShopNH.com to host workshop in Keene - 0
- FlowTraq CEO has his eye on Manchester - 0
- Pinkerton graduate, author returns to give academic advice to students - 0
- Bail hearing set for former Nashua alderman - 0
- Manchester police searching for robbery suspect - 0
- Monarchs to play Norfolk in playoffs - 0
Cannon closes out season with 46 trails open
Sox win in wild walk-off over O's
CDFA names Caswell new director
GoShopNH.com to host workshop in Keene
FlowTraq CEO has his eye on Manchester
'Hurricane' Carter succumbs to cancer
A cellphone ban: Ignoring inconvenient data
Havenstein: 'I'm a pro-choice Republican'
Mike Cote's Business Editor's Notebook: Restaurant owner faces up to challenge of Obamacare
'He is risen': 'As he said'