Home » News » Public Safety
Dirt bike rider airlifted from Derry to Boston with injuries
DERRY- An injured dirt bike rider was flown by helicopter to a Boston hospital Saturday, authorities said.
The rider was found in a remote section off Halls Village Road around 12:40 p.m. after rescue crews reached the person by four-wheel drive vehicles, according to the fire department. The medical helicopter was called because of the victim's injury and remote location.
The patient was treated at the scene and transferred to a nearby field where a medical helicopter flew the victim to Massachusetts General Hospital, authorities said.
The person's name and extent of injuries weren't available.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Burning baton twirler attracts Manchester fire truck - 0
- Another plane hits frozen Alton Bay - 0
- Police investigating crash after truck reportedly loses tire in Concord - 1
- Derry firefighters extinguish Jeep fire - 0
- Chemical spill in Newington business sends 6 to the hospital - 0
- Officials investigate suspicious Manchester blaze - 0
- UPDATED: Mass. man charged after hitting barrier at Bedford toll plaza - 2
- Massachusetts woman injured in Milan snowmobile crash - 0
- ATV sinks trying to skim water of Weirs Beach - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Dover police convince local man to go to hospital for evaluation - 0
- Bedford man sentenced for lobster trap thefts - 0
- AG petitions judge to remove Rockingham County attorney from office - 0
- Poll activity slow but steady in Londonderry - 0
- Manchester police recover $2,000 worth of painkillers in drug arrest - 0
- 600 votes cast in Hudson by midday - 0
- Man dies after officer-involved Rochester shooting - 0
- Londonderry polls average 100 voters per hour - 0
- Nashua school members' letter prompts an apology - 0
Taken for a ride: Hooksett’s Pinkerton deal
Manchester schools project budget surplus