Home » News » Public Safety
Mass. man, 24, dies in Merrimack crash
MERRIMACK - A Massachusetts man died after the car he was riding in hit a tree along the F.E. Everertt Turnpike on Saturday, authorities said.
Matthew Caban, 24, of Waltham, was transported to St. Joseph Hospital in Nashua where he was pronounced dead, state police said.
The driver, John Caban, 92, also from Waltham, was taken to the same hospital with non-life threatening injuries, police said.
Police didn't say whether the two men were related.
The crash occurred shortly after 12:30 p.m. when a 2005 Buick LeSabre left the eastern side of the roadway and struck a tree, according to police.
State troopers were assisted on the scene by Merrimack Police Department and Merrimack Fire & Rescue.
Anyone with information about the collision or subsequent investigation should contact Trooper Phil Akstin at 666-3333.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Derry police add a new officer to the department - 0
- 1 dead following Route 101 crash in Milford - 0
- 'Good Morning America' viewers see how much people care about missing Abigail Hernandez - 0
- Propane truck overturns on Bow side street - 0
- UPDATE: Stretch of I-293 South, North lanes reopen after propane tanker crashes - 1
- Claremont homeless man found dead - 0
- Woodshed restaurant fire investigation continues - 0
- Lincoln officer, Woodstock firefighters credited with saving homeowner's life - 0
- Rollover backs up traffic on Everett Turnpike - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Red Sox deal Morales for backup infielder - 0
- It's a season of switching teams for NASCAR drivers - 0
- Central girls down Trinity in OT - 0
- Pistons edge Celtics - 0
- Business is good for football elite - 0
- Negotiator: Israeli-Palestinian talks might take year to complete - 0
- Harvard student charged in bomb hoax released on bail - 0
- Jackknifed propane tanker closes I-293 to traffic for hours in aftermath - 0
- AG eyes whether credibility issue may undermine some Rockingham County convictions - 0
Police say man attacked woman with sword
The Music Hall presents 'Messiah Sing'
- Would you support spending local tax dollars to buy your police department a $250K armored vehicle?
- Total Votes: 1072