Home » News » Public Safety
Mass. man, 24, dies in Merrimack crash
MERRIMACK - A Massachusetts man died after the car he was riding in hit a tree along the F.E. Everertt Turnpike on Saturday, authorities said.
Matthew Caban, 24, of Waltham, was transported to St. Joseph Hospital in Nashua where he was pronounced dead, state police said.
The driver, John Caban, 92, also from Waltham, was taken to the same hospital with non-life threatening injuries, police said.
Police didn't say whether the two men were related.
The crash occurred shortly after 12:30 p.m. when a 2005 Buick LeSabre left the eastern side of the roadway and struck a tree, according to police.
State troopers were assisted on the scene by Merrimack Police Department and Merrimack Fire & Rescue.
Anyone with information about the collision or subsequent investigation should contact Trooper Phil Akstin at 666-3333.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Backyard boulder kills Raymond homeowner - 1
- Merrimack police find car sticking into road, charge man - 0
- Police say impairment and speed not factors in fatal crash in Conway - 0
- Manchester man sustains life-threatening injuries in Bedford crash - 0
- Barrington man, 41, dies in cycle crash - 0
- Bay State man hurt in Ripley Falls fall - 0
- Veteran Arizona officer named Rindge police chief - 3
- NH gun license form must change, critics say - 10
- Rimmon Heights honors Manchester Community Policing Division - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- NH Motor Speedway to again host two Sprint Cup Series weekends in 2015 - 0
- St. Anselm football players practice ini August heat - 0
- White, Glenn lift Fisher Cats over Harrisburg, 6-4 - 0
- KSC field hockey first in coaches poll - 0
- New England Patriots guard Mankins traded to Tampa for TE Wright - 0
- NH Fisher Cat Lee still striving for making it to the major leagues - 0
- Former city restaurateur gets jail sentence for sex assault - 0
- Former high school art teacher gets suspended sentence in drug case - 0
- New Manchester school district standards to give teachers more leeway - 0
Backyard boulder kills Raymond homeowner
Market Basket: 'So close, yet so far'
Reports: Market Basket doomsday plan would shutter 61 of 71 stores if deal not struck soon
GOP for legal pot? Hemignway's high help
Ohio's Rob Portman: GOP can win back Senate