Home » News » Public Safety
Mass. man, 24, dies in Merrimack crash
MERRIMACK - A Massachusetts man died after the car he was riding in hit a tree along the F.E. Everertt Turnpike on Saturday, authorities said.
Matthew Caban, 24, of Waltham, was transported to St. Joseph Hospital in Nashua where he was pronounced dead, state police said.
The driver, John Caban, 92, also from Waltham, was taken to the same hospital with non-life threatening injuries, police said.
Police didn't say whether the two men were related.
The crash occurred shortly after 12:30 p.m. when a 2005 Buick LeSabre left the eastern side of the roadway and struck a tree, according to police.
State troopers were assisted on the scene by Merrimack Police Department and Merrimack Fire & Rescue.
Anyone with information about the collision or subsequent investigation should contact Trooper Phil Akstin at 666-3333.
READER COMMENTS: 1
- Plaistow fire victim remains critical - 0
- Updated: Car may have started itself, crashes, burns at Manchester Home Depot - 6
- Lightning strikes home in Exeter - 0
- Answers sought after bomb squad leaves Fitzwilliam - 0
- Nottingham man injured in wagon accident suing Hampton Falls orchard - 2
- Lightning strikes Manchester home, sparks fire - 0
- Asphalt truck overturns in Jaffrey - 0
- Police to educate Manchester motorists on distracted driving - 7
- Bird's nest may have caused house fire in Hudson - 1
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Former editor indicted on child porn charges - 0
- White powder in Salem shipping container posed no serious risks - 0
- 65 mph OK for E-ZPass drivers with opening of new lanes at Hooksett toll plaza - 0
- Updated: NH Senate kills House-passed gas, tobacco tax hikes - 2
- Senate Finance Committee rejects Medicaid expansion - 11
- Man wielding pipe robs Cumberland Farms in Goffstown - 0
- Buchholz moves to 7-0 as Red Sox post win - 0
- Gambling bill scuttled, 'Now it is going to be really tough' for budget - 30
- NHIAA Roundup: BG girls’ tennis team sweeps Pinkerton - 0
License revocations for DWI announced