Home » News » Public Safety
Mass. man, 24, dies in Merrimack crash
MERRIMACK - A Massachusetts man died after the car he was riding in hit a tree along the F.E. Everertt Turnpike on Saturday, authorities said.
Matthew Caban, 24, of Waltham, was transported to St. Joseph Hospital in Nashua where he was pronounced dead, state police said.
The driver, John Caban, 92, also from Waltham, was taken to the same hospital with non-life threatening injuries, police said.
Police didn't say whether the two men were related.
The crash occurred shortly after 12:30 p.m. when a 2005 Buick LeSabre left the eastern side of the roadway and struck a tree, according to police.
State troopers were assisted on the scene by Merrimack Police Department and Merrimack Fire & Rescue.
Anyone with information about the collision or subsequent investigation should contact Trooper Phil Akstin at 666-3333.
READER COMMENTS: 1
- Antrim fire damages cape - 0
- Merrimack students get a sobering lesson about drinking and driving - 0
- Two crashes reported on I-93 in Canterbury, Londonderry - 0
- Man killed in Seabrook fire identified - 0
- UPDATE: Search suspended for Northfield man a second day - 0
- Serious Concord crash injures Mass. woman - 0
- Concord police seek help locating homeless man - 0
- Barrington home destroyed in two-alarm blaze - 0
- Annual banquet on April 23 honors police, fire and EMS - 0
READER COMMENTS: 5
- 2 officers, Weare face civil suit over 2012 burglary arrest - 5
- Roger Brown's Diamond Notes: Central the early surprise in baseball ranks - 0
- Death & justice: Officer Briggs is not forgotten - 0
- Decency displayed: Havenstein's nice start - 2
- P-Bruins in fight to finish - 0
- NHIAA Roundup: Dubois' homer lifts BG girls over Exeter - 0
- Sox rally in ninth to win - 0
- Fisher Cats' hitters can't solve Binghamton hurlers - 0
- Burglars take $210K in cash from safe in Salem home - 0
Extreme skier enjoys second round of luck
Portsmouth arrests 2 for heroin sales
Decency displayed: Havenstein's nice start