Home » News » Public Safety
Mass. man, 24, dies in Merrimack crash
MERRIMACK - A Massachusetts man died after the car he was riding in hit a tree along the F.E. Everertt Turnpike on Saturday, authorities said.
Matthew Caban, 24, of Waltham, was transported to St. Joseph Hospital in Nashua where he was pronounced dead, state police said.
The driver, John Caban, 92, also from Waltham, was taken to the same hospital with non-life threatening injuries, police said.
Police didn't say whether the two men were related.
The crash occurred shortly after 12:30 p.m. when a 2005 Buick LeSabre left the eastern side of the roadway and struck a tree, according to police.
State troopers were assisted on the scene by Merrimack Police Department and Merrimack Fire & Rescue.
Anyone with information about the collision or subsequent investigation should contact Trooper Phil Akstin at 666-3333.
READER COMMENTS: 25
- Extreme skier's handgun found, returned to him - 8
- Antrim fire damages cape - 0
- Merrimack students get a sobering lesson about drinking and driving - 0
- Two crashes reported on I-93 in Canterbury, Londonderry - 0
- Man killed in Seabrook fire identified - 0
- UPDATE: Search suspended for Northfield man a second day - 0
- Serious Concord crash injures Mass. woman - 0
- Concord police seek help locating homeless man - 0
- Barrington home destroyed in two-alarm blaze - 0
READER COMMENTS: 1
- On Baseball: Locke pitches game in minor league rehab - 0
- NH College Notebook: Franklin Pierce's King named to 18U coaching staff - 0
- Another View - Ahad Fazelat: How Medicare reimbursement numbers are misleading - 0
- 'He is risen': 'As he said' - 0
- A cellphone ban: Ignoring inconvenient data - 0
- City budget talk: How about solutions instead? - 0
- Mike Cote's Business Editor's Notebook: Restaurant owner faces up to challenge of Obamacare - 0
- Dave D'Onofrio's Sox Beat: Defense has let Sox down so far - 0
- General says NH Guard sites foster '2nd-class' image - 0
Man electrocuted at Keene brush fire