NH troopers deployed to N.J. to help in Hurricane Sandy recovery
CONCORD - A 12-member team from New Hampshire State Police are heading to New Jersey to help with law enforcement duties, Gov. John Lynch announced Friday.Led the Field Operations Bureau Commander Maj. Russell Conte, the team will head to New Jersey on Saturday to assist N.J. State Police for eight days.
Led by Field Operations Bureau Commander Major Russell Conte, the team is comprised of 11 additional troopers from across the state.
They are expected to arrive at 8 p.m. Saturday at Fort Dix, N.J. "Hurricane Sandy had a devastating impact on parts of New Jersey and the recovery efforts there are ongoing.
New Hampshire is pleased to be able to answer the request for assistance in supporting those efforts," said Gov. Lynch. "We appreciate the members of the state police who will be traveling to the state to provide assistance.
READER COMMENTS: 1
- Manchester extends snow emergency; pedestrian injured when hit by plow - 1
- Seacoast digs out from more than a foot of snow - 0
- Snowfall totals in NH vary from 7 inches to more than a foot. - 0
- Manchester police say no major snow-related problems - 2
- Winter storm brings a foot of snow to most of NH - 0
- Slow down NH, and smell the snowplows - 4
- Keep it simple and be prepared for winter storm driving in NH - 0
- Storm packing heavy snow bears down on U.S. Midwest, Northeast - 0
- Manchester declares snow emergency for Saturday night - 1
- Propane truck overturns on Bow side street - 0
- NH makes tort reform group's 'Judicial Hellholes' list - 2
- Manchester's O'Neill, Lebanon's Morrill form UNH's 'Granite Wall' - 0
- Stretch of I-293 North and South closed after propane tank crashes - 1
- $13m contract recommended for next phase of Nashua parkway - 0
- Couple charged in connection with Exeter burglaries - 0
- Proposed article sets rules for use of temporary signs - 0
- Newsreel: State unemployment stable; Gates Foundation CEO named; generic Viagra out soon - 0
- Leclerc takes second place in men's hockey - 0
Sales of new limited edition ‘Old Man’ liquor bottles will help fund Hall of Flags restoration projectREADER COMMENTS: 0
Shaheen, Ayotte split on House budget plan