NH troopers deployed to N.J. to help in Hurricane Sandy recovery
CONCORD - A 12-member team from New Hampshire State Police are heading to New Jersey to help with law enforcement duties, Gov. John Lynch announced Friday.Led the Field Operations Bureau Commander Maj. Russell Conte, the team will head to New Jersey on Saturday to assist N.J. State Police for eight days.
Led by Field Operations Bureau Commander Major Russell Conte, the team is comprised of 11 additional troopers from across the state.
They are expected to arrive at 8 p.m. Saturday at Fort Dix, N.J. "Hurricane Sandy had a devastating impact on parts of New Jersey and the recovery efforts there are ongoing.
New Hampshire is pleased to be able to answer the request for assistance in supporting those efforts," said Gov. Lynch. "We appreciate the members of the state police who will be traveling to the state to provide assistance.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Flooding closes PSU fields, local business - 0
- Colebrook almost became an island Tuesday night - 0
- Flooding shuts down North Country highways - 0
- Flood watch and rain follow day of near-record temperatures - 0
- Lack of 'hot spell' has made for mild mud season so far in central NH - 1
- With rain on the way, flooding potential eyed - 0
- Londonderry classrooms flooded - 0
- Spring roads make the going tough - 0
- Water damage displaces North Elementary classrooms - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- 2 officers, Weare face civil suit over 2012 burglary arrest - 0
- Roger Brown's Diamond Notes: Central the early surprise in baseball ranks - 0
- Death & justice: Officer Briggs is not forgotten - 0
- Decency displayed: Havenstein's nice start - 0
- P-Bruins in fight to finish - 0
- NHIAA Roundup: Dubois' homer lifts BG girls over Exeter - 0
- Sox rally in ninth to win - 0
- Fisher Cats' hitters can't solve Binghamton hurlers - 0
- Burglars take $210K in cash from safe in Salem home - 0
IT overload: Bureaucracy on bureaucracy
Portsmouth arrests 2 for heroin sales
Another View -- Jeff Goley and Will Infantine: Time for an increase in weekly benefits for NH unemployed