Home » Sports » Football » Patriots/NFL
Patriots RB Bolden suspended four games
New England Patriots running back Brandon Bolden was hit with a four-game suspension without pay Friday for violating the NFL's policy on performance-enhancing substances.
Bolden will begin serving his punishment immediately. He'll be eligible to return to the Patriots' active roster after their Dec. 2 game against Miami.
The undrafted rookie from Mississippi wasn't expected to play this week because of a knee injury.
His absence will force the Patriots to elevate Shane Vereen and Danny Woodhead to be the backups behind starter Stevan Ridley.
Bolden has rushed for 234 yards and two touchdowns on 43 carries in six games this season, including 137 yards against Buffalo in week four.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Inspiration personified: Plymouth State's Josh Morgan - 0
- Ian Clark's On Hockey: Rookie to the rescue - 0
- Napoli returns to Boston with two-year deal - 0
- Celtics come up big against Nuggets - 0
- Johnson honored for sixth NASCAR title - 0
- Kilpatrick leads UNH women past Dartmouth - 0
- UNH, Dartmouth football players named All-New England - 0
- Manchester Monarchs beat Portland Pirates in shootout - 0
- Wildcats shut down Black Bears again - 1
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Man, 41, dies when car hits pole in front of Nashua Library - 0
- Man wanted in Vermont arrested after high-speed chase in Rochester - 0
- John DiStaso's Granite Status: New NHDP campaign calls on Scott Brown to disclose clients - 0
- Glitches resolved in new managed-care Medicaid system - 0
- Two sent to the hospital after Barrington crash - 0
- Two armed robberies overnight in Manchester - 0
- Windsor man seriously injured in Bennington crash with logging truck - 0
- Job applicant charged with helping himself to a couple of bottles of champagne - 2
- Bow man robbed after leaving Manchester YMCA - 0
Exeter drug sweep nets four
Where is Benghazi? Kuster's refusal to stand
Shea-Porter: GOP ad about ACA in NH is false
Bird blenders: 'Green energy' sacrifice