Home » Sports » Football » Patriots/NFL
Patriots RB Bolden suspended four games
New England Patriots running back Brandon Bolden was hit with a four-game suspension without pay Friday for violating the NFL's policy on performance-enhancing substances.
Bolden will begin serving his punishment immediately. He'll be eligible to return to the Patriots' active roster after their Dec. 2 game against Miami.
The undrafted rookie from Mississippi wasn't expected to play this week because of a knee injury.
His absence will force the Patriots to elevate Shane Vereen and Danny Woodhead to be the backups behind starter Stevan Ridley.
Bolden has rushed for 234 yards and two touchdowns on 43 carries in six games this season, including 137 yards against Buffalo in week four.
READER COMMENTS: 1
- Elementary students in Farmington offered seven habits of healthy kids - 0
- Afterschool activities canceled in Jaffrey - 0
- Experts weigh in on UNH logo designs - 15
- Texting + driving = deadly consequences - 0
- Deerfield teacher honored by national science organization - 0
- Institute of Art graduates its largest class in Manchester - 0
- UNH hires firm to redesign one of its logos - 23
- Lakes Region, Great Bay CC hold commencement ceremonies - 0
- UNH Law School grads told to 'serve justice' - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- House passes auto dealers bill of rights - 0
- Rochester man facing up to 30 years in prison for brutal assault - 0
- Man who confronts burglar in Nashua gets bit - 0
- Police say Nashua man struck woman with Jeep - 0
- Last-minute lobbying frantic as House prepares for casino vote - 2
- Pease chosen to receive new KC-46A refueling tanker; to bring 100 jobs - 5
- FBI agent kills Florida man during questioning about Marathon bombing suspect - 1
- Police seek man they say passed counterfeit bill at Manchester mall - 1
- Lightning strikes home in Exeter - 0
License revocations for DWI announced
UPDATED: Derry marks a soldier's death
Experts weigh in on UNH logo designs