Home » Sports » Football » Patriots/NFL
Patriots RB Bolden suspended four games
New England Patriots running back Brandon Bolden was hit with a four-game suspension without pay Friday for violating the NFL's policy on performance-enhancing substances.
Bolden will begin serving his punishment immediately. He'll be eligible to return to the Patriots' active roster after their Dec. 2 game against Miami.
The undrafted rookie from Mississippi wasn't expected to play this week because of a knee injury.
His absence will force the Patriots to elevate Shane Vereen and Danny Woodhead to be the backups behind starter Stevan Ridley.
Bolden has rushed for 234 yards and two touchdowns on 43 carries in six games this season, including 137 yards against Buffalo in week four.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- 'Hour of Code' taps student creativity - 1
- Fired Epping children's librarian gets public hearing - 0
- Hillsborough district names its Teacher of Year - 0
- Nashua Board of Education signals new leadership - 0
- PSU adjunct faculty members approve three-year contract - 0
- UNH, trustees seek to reverse arbitrator's decision to reinstate professor - 13
- NH students take part in computer education week - 0
- Math world stunned by UNH lecturer's find - 3
- Consultant report on UNH Manchester issues almost done - 4
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Former Sen. Scott Brown confirms move from Mass to NH - 1
- Hollis school officials call police on Santa Claus - 0
- Rusty water in Manchester caused by water main break in Bedford - 0
- Forecasters eye possible weekend ice storm - 0
- Abigail's mother issues plea for Christmas return - 1
- Fugitive caught hiding under bed in Jaffrey - 0
- Target says data security breach may affect 40 million cards - 0
- Nashua man held in home invasion - 0
- Fugitive of the week: James Porter - 0
Snow could reschedule Super Bowl
1 dead following Route 101 crash in Milford
City man charged with endangering child