Manchester Veterans Day parade today
The parade is expected to stop at City Hall at 11 a.m. where the Armistice of 1918 will be noted and taps will be played. Speeches will follow in the park. The grand marshal is Francis B. "Sharkey" Madden, a Manchester native who enlisted in the Army and was deployed to the Pacific theater, during World War II.
The forecast calls for sunny skies and temperatures in the mid-50s.
To improve the chance of seeing your comment posted here or published in the New Hampshire Union Leader:
- Identify yourself. Accounts using fake or incomplete names are suspended regardless of the quality of posts.
- Say something new, stay on topic, keep it short.
- Links to outside URLs are discouraged, if used they should be on topic.
- Avoid comments in bad taste, write well, avoid using all capital letters
- Don't cite facts about individuals or businesses without providing a means to verify the claim
- If you see an objectionable comment please click the "Report Abuse" button and be sure to tell us why.
Note: Comments are the opinion of the respective poster and not of the publisher.Be the first to comment.