Home » News » Public Safety
One injured in Manchester motorcycle crash
MANCHESTER - A Manchester man was injured Sunday when he was thrown from his motorcycle after it collided with a car.
Manchester police responded to Lake Avenue and Beech Street at 1:05 p.m. Sunday on a report of a motor vehicle collision with personal injury.
Police say Jacqueline Radford, 57, of Derry, was operating a Suzuki vehicle heading south on Beech Street when it collided with a 2010 Harley Davidson motorcycle, operated by Arthur Ahlquist, 49, of Manchester. Ahlquist was headed westbound on Lake Avenue, crashed into the driver side of Radford's vehicle and was thrown from his motorcycle upon impact. Ahlquist was transported to Elliot Hospital with elbow and hip pain. Police say he was not wearing a helmet at the time of the crash.
Both vehicles were towed from the scene.
Radford complained of head and shoulder pain, but declined medical attention. Richard Giberson, 60, of Manchester, was a passenger in Radford's vehicle and was not injured.
Manchester police determined Radford was at fault in the accident, and issued her a summons for a red light violation.
READER COMMENTS: 7
- Cause of 3-alarm Derry fire remains under investigation - 0
- Claremont police warn public about suspicious soda bottles - 0
- Mechanical failure ruled out in fatal plane crash that claimed lives of two Kingston men - 0
- UPDATED: Cause of three-alarm Derry blaze under investigation - 1
- Woman shot during Manchester drug raid ID'd - 0
- Weare police chief on leave amid domestic violence probe - 2
- Traffic backed up a mile in Hampton tractor-trailer accident - 0
- Citizen's Police Academy in Manchester set for Oct. 1 - 0
- Heating unit cause of blaze in Manchester - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Another View -- Bill Duncan: What did the NH Supreme Court really say about private school funding? - 6
- Charles Arlinghaus: NH's job problem needs more than one fix - 4
- USNH's raw deal: Part deux - 2
- Every vote counts: Here is the proof - 4
- College Sports Roundup: NEC's Locke scores twice in soccer win - 0
- NHIAA Roundup: Campbell, Jutras blank Gilford - 0
- Pirates stay hot, blank Red Sox - 0
- Londonderry police to open station to residents - 0
- Man accused of raping 13-year old in Nashua - 2
Man accused of raping 13-year old in Nashua
Seabrook mom pleads not guilty by reason of insanity to attempted murder of her two children
Alleged accomplice in brutal Bedford home invasion, attack on doctor and wife, says his testimony was coerced
Win tickets to see Demi Lovato
Another View -- Sharon Day: The Democrats' claim to be the party for women is just not believable
Another View -- Bill Duncan: What did the NH Supreme Court really say about private school funding?
Every vote counts: Here is the proof