Home » News » Public Safety
One injured in Manchester motorcycle crash
MANCHESTER - A Manchester man was injured Sunday when he was thrown from his motorcycle after it collided with a car.
Manchester police responded to Lake Avenue and Beech Street at 1:05 p.m. Sunday on a report of a motor vehicle collision with personal injury.
Police say Jacqueline Radford, 57, of Derry, was operating a Suzuki vehicle heading south on Beech Street when it collided with a 2010 Harley Davidson motorcycle, operated by Arthur Ahlquist, 49, of Manchester. Ahlquist was headed westbound on Lake Avenue, crashed into the driver side of Radford's vehicle and was thrown from his motorcycle upon impact. Ahlquist was transported to Elliot Hospital with elbow and hip pain. Police say he was not wearing a helmet at the time of the crash.
Both vehicles were towed from the scene.
Radford complained of head and shoulder pain, but declined medical attention. Richard Giberson, 60, of Manchester, was a passenger in Radford's vehicle and was not injured.
Manchester police determined Radford was at fault in the accident, and issued her a summons for a red light violation.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Report due soon on alleged abuse at neuro-rehab centers - 0
- Five state police cruisers among many accidents due to storm - 0
- Person found dead in Manchester alley - 0
- Rymes Oil employees pull Bradford man from flaming wreck, but driver succumbs to injuries - 0
- Keene man killed in work accident in Troy Monday - 0
- Teen driver dies after being pulled from icy waters in Londonderry - 8
- Trio escapes Claremont fire after smoke wakes resident - 0
- Man suffers life-threatening injuries in Little Cohas Brook crash - 0
- Tractor-trailer pulls down poles, wires, closing part of Route 28 in Epsom - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Celtics Insider: Celtics rule Smart out of tomorrow's game against Chicago - 0
- Berube the backbone of Monarchs' team 'D' - 0
- Packers QB Revis will pose a challenge for Patriots - 0
- Hudson may start charging for non-transport ambulance calls - 0
- NH suffers 4th worst outage on record - 0
- Camping out didn't pay for shoppers - 0
- Newsreel: Concord economic forecast; Tech Council hosts forum; UNH Fairchild Dairy honored - 0
- Londonderry-based MegaFood launches transparency project in vitamin industry - 0
- Grant program to help Granite State students with loans - 0
NH suffers 4th worst outage on record
Keystone bill passes U.S. House