Home » News » Public Safety
One injured in Manchester motorcycle crash
MANCHESTER - A Manchester man was injured Sunday when he was thrown from his motorcycle after it collided with a car.
Manchester police responded to Lake Avenue and Beech Street at 1:05 p.m. Sunday on a report of a motor vehicle collision with personal injury.
Police say Jacqueline Radford, 57, of Derry, was operating a Suzuki vehicle heading south on Beech Street when it collided with a 2010 Harley Davidson motorcycle, operated by Arthur Ahlquist, 49, of Manchester. Ahlquist was headed westbound on Lake Avenue, crashed into the driver side of Radford's vehicle and was thrown from his motorcycle upon impact. Ahlquist was transported to Elliot Hospital with elbow and hip pain. Police say he was not wearing a helmet at the time of the crash.
Both vehicles were towed from the scene.
Radford complained of head and shoulder pain, but declined medical attention. Richard Giberson, 60, of Manchester, was a passenger in Radford's vehicle and was not injured.
Manchester police determined Radford was at fault in the accident, and issued her a summons for a red light violation.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Snowmobiler dies; 4th fatality of season - 0
- Driver seriously injured in Londonderry wreck - 0
- Dover snowmobiler dies in Barnstead crash - 0
- Most property owners clear hydrants of snow - 0
- Manchester man dies after being hit by car - 0
- Family, pet cats and snake escape Nottingham fire - 0
- Two officers pinpointed in Weare shooting - 0
- School bus slides off road, slams into trees in Deerfield - 0
- For Nashua student walkers, commute may soon be safer - 1
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Hooksett's choices: Leave them to parents - 0
- Millsfield ready to resume holding first primary vote - 0
- Rist defends his salary as interim Central principal - 0
- The Pope's anniversary: Viewing him through different lenses - 0
- Up late with Shaheen: Misplaced Senate priorities - 0
- Jindal says GOP has to 'be a party that's for something' - 0
- NH College Notebook: Bedford's Glassman first NH player into D-I dance - 0
- Roger Brown's H.S. Basketball: Bedford girls ready to face Simpson, Lancers - 0
- Dave Solomon's Gettin' Down to Business: Tim Eccleston has a health dream for the nation - 0
NHGOP: Rand Paul wins straw poll
Dick Pinney's Guidelines: Online license purchases prove user unfriendly for some hunters and anglers
Roger Simon: Hillary is sick - of the media
Auburn native believes in faith and fashion
Snowmobiler dies; 4th fatality of season
Charles Krauthammer: How to handle Putin
GOP panel stresses teamwork, sincerity